Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim believes Rakeem Christmas could be most improved player next season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim believes Rakeem Christmas could be most improved player next season

His biggest problem has been focus. We've all seen glimpses of his great talent - he just falls asleep out there and takes too many plays off. Hopefully giving him the ball more on offense will help him focus throughout the game on both ends of the floor. He's literally a sleeping giant.

That criticism held water for Rakeem's first couple years; he came in with a reputation as a "low-motor" player and often seemed disengaged on the court.

I haven't seen that for a long time. His biggest problem is that he plays for a team that doesn't pass him the ball. Until that changes, people are going to consider him an underachiever. Given our recent track record with big men, I fear that his production and observers' perception won't improve too much.

I think his effort level is better but his skills still are limited. He doesn't really have a go to shot and doesn't clear enough space to get entry passes. Saw some improvements in a few games but not consistent from game to game. Don't think it is all on the guards not getting him the ball. Would love to see him as a more consistent scorer in the paint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom