Syracuse Coach Looks Beyond Arc and Sees Himself | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Coach Looks Beyond Arc and Sees Himself

Last year GMac never gave up on Cooney. He kept saying "this guy is great just wait". Now I loved GMac as a player because he was so "clutch". But now I am liking GMac as a coach because you have to believe GMac is a big part of Cooney's success.

moqui said:
other than skin tone & Irish last names, there is barely any similarity at all Cooney is bigger, more athletic, a much better shooter and significantly better on the defensive end. Cooney looks like the lost Baldwin brother; McNamara looks like he should be playing banjo on the set of Deliverance.
I can think of something else they don't have in common: when gmac made the final four as a frosh he hit 6 3 pointers in the 1st half of championship game. When cooney made the final four as a frosh he...um...didn't. And it's ok moqui, you can call him gmac like 99% of cuse fans call him. Just cause you think he's overrated or whatever (not 10 games!) doesn't mean you gotta call him McNamara. Say it with me...GMAC GMAC. You can do it. GMAC

other than skin tone & Irish last names, there is barely any similarity at all

Cooney is bigger, more athletic, a much better shooter and significantly better on the defensive end.

Cooney looks like the lost Baldwin brother; McNamara looks like he should be playing banjo on the set of Deliverance.

12646365-standard.jpg

Looks like someone very well-placed would vehemently disagree with your childish assessment.