Syracuse-Colgate: TV/Radio information and kickoff time [ACCNetExtra / 7:00] | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse-Colgate: TV/Radio information and kickoff time [ACCNetExtra / 7:00]

You can only watch if you have access through Cable, Sling, etc.

Correct, we have access via Verizon cable. I just want to be able to watch the Colgate game and all the early-season basketball games on my Samsung instead of my laptop. Sounds like Roku is the solution to that.

And it's just a one-time payment for the Roku, plug it in to the Samsung, and you can watch anything on Watch ESPN going forward?
Yes...one time payment for the device but you'll still need your high speed internet modem/router. I have two and love them. Relatively inexpensive to purchase.

EDIT: A Roku is very easy to set-up. Just be sure that you have your account information (user name and password) for whatever cable provider you subscribe to,

biggest issues with smart tvs is app support.. my samsung smart tv is less than 2 yrs old and cant run many things because of discontinued flash support. much easier to buy the roku/firestick and spend less on the tv.

Correct, we have access via Verizon cable. I just want to be able to watch the Colgate game and all the early-season basketball games on my Samsung instead of my laptop. Sounds like Roku is the solution to that.
If you have a Samsung laptop, just use Smartview to switch screen onto the tv. Or you can use hdmi cable to do the same...

Yes...one time payment for the device but you'll still need your high speed internet modem/router. I have two and love them. Relatively inexpensive to purchase.

EDIT: A Roku is very easy to set-up. Just be sure that you have your account information (user name and password) for whatever cable provider you subscribe to,

Not that it matters now, but, was buying a Smart TV a big waste of money on my part considering a Roku is only like $50? Am I missing something?

If you have a Samsung laptop, just use Smartview to switch screen onto the tv. Or you can use hdmi cable to do the same...

I have a MacBook Air.

I have a MacBook Air.

If you have a smart phone then all you need is a google chromecast. Plug in the chromecast and then you can cast anything from your phone right to your TV. I watch tons of Lax games this way in the spring and replays of fball and bball games and even some live early season games if I am not at the Dome.

Not that it matters now, but, was buying a Smart TV a big waste of money on my part considering a Roku is only like $50? Am I missing something?
Maybe, but I really like our smart TV's for other apps. I prefer the Roku's format for services like Netflix & Amazon plus you can download apps (i.e. ESPN) that are not available on a smart TV. But, I would rather play music videos through my smart TV's Youtube app.

Bottom line is, if I had to choose between the "smart features" (which costs more) of my smart TV or my Roku...I'd choose my Roku every time.

Do you have a 4K TV?

Do you have a 4K TV?

Yes. I mean, it's a big beautiful TV, but in terms of the "Smart" features the only thing we use on it is Netflix.

I purchased the 4K Roku for our Samsung 4K smart tv. Now I can actually watch some programming in UHD.

Plus, if your a TWC customer you can download their app and get rid of their HD box and same $12-15/month.
Tell me more. This may or may not be relevant but TWC is supposedly making some change with their set top boxes.

Tell me more. This may or may not be relevant but TWC is supposedly making some change with their set top boxes.
I think you're referring to the switch to total digital service and the elimination of the analogue signal. Right?

If your TV is still working then you're fine because the migration was completed a couple months ago. If you're having problems then you need to pick-up a small digital box from them...or better yet...buy a Roku and download the TWC app and watch your channels via the Roku. Note: you'll still need to subscribe to a service provider.

Yes. I mean, it's a big beautiful TV, but in terms of the "Smart" features the only thing we use on it is Netflix.
Are you able to watch any programming in UHD? TWC doesn't broadcast in UHD yet. Watching Netflix via your smart TV app (or 4K Roku) might be your only option.

If your 4K TV is relatively new, then I would suggest purchasing the 4K Roku for around $125. This will allow you to actually watch some programs in UHD. I watch shows on Netflix and Amazon Prime in UHD.

Direct TV recently launched their UHD satellite and broadcast some programs in UHD. We have Direct TV at our lake house but I only have a 1080p LED TV so I haven't been able to watch it yet.

Are you able to watch any programming in UHD? TWC doesn't broadcast in UHD yet. Watching Netflix via your smart TV app (or 4K Roku) might be your only option.

If your 4K TV is relatively new, then I would suggest purchasing the 4K Roku for around $125. This will allow you to actually watch some programs in UHD. I watch shows on Netflix and Amazon Prime in UHD.

Direct TV recently launched their UHD satellite and broadcast some programs in UHD. We have Direct TV at our lake house but I only have a 1080p LED TV so I haven't been able to watch it yet.

Thank you for the advice. Our Samsung is brand new. I notice that some shows appear in UHD and others don't -- I'm not sure the rhyme or reason to it (I know I sound like a senior citizen in this thread).

I'm also reading online that you can wirelessly connect your Macbook Air to your Samsung Smart TV and stream video that way.

Thank you for the advice. Our Samsung is brand new. I notice that some shows appear in UHD and others don't -- I'm not sure the rhyme or reason to it (I know I sound like a senior citizen in this thread).

I'm also reading online that you can wirelessly connect your Macbook Air to your Samsung Smart TV and stream video that way.
More than likely I'm older than you but I really like all the TV/home theater/streaming device technology.

The only problem I've had with connecting using a laptop is the overall quality and consistency. I rarely run into problems with my Roku.

BTW, if you're a TWC customer make sure you're getting the new 50mbs internet speed. It's free now that they've cleared space by getting rid of the space-eating analog format. You can do a "Speed Test" here: Speed Test: Check Internet Speed & Bandwidth | Time Warner Cable

Your speed will vary depending how far your computer is from your router.

More than likely I'm older than you but I really like all the TV/home theater/streaming device technology.

The only problem I've had with connecting using a laptop is the overall quality and consistency. I rarely run into problems with my Roku.

BTW, if you're a TWC customer make sure you're getting the new 50mbs internet speed. It's free now that they've cleared space by getting rid of the space-eating analog format. You can do a "Speed Test" here: Speed Test: Check Internet Speed & Bandwidth | Time Warner Cable

Your speed will vary depending how far your computer is from your router.
17.6 Two months ago I was negotiating price with TWC (playing them off against FIOS) and they got down to my dollar figure but only if I took the 15mbs. I did because I had read their new owner was providing a higher minimum later this year (maybe that had to do with the analog?).

17.6 Two months ago I was negotiating price with TWC (playing them off against FIOS) and they got down to my dollar figure but only if I took the 15mbs. I did because I had read their new owner was providing a higher minimum later this year (maybe that had to do with the analog?).

Charter's standard is supposedly 50 Mbps but I'll believe it when I see it. TW would charge $70 per month for that speed.

If you check you speed...you're probably already getting the 50mbs at no extra charge. Just give them a call, they've been very accommodating when I call. Better yet, show-up in person.

Charter's standard is supposedly 50 Mbps but I'll believe it when I see it. TW would charge $70 per month for that speed.
Not any more. I'm getting 100mbs at no extra charge. They have a ton more room since they got rid of their analog behemoth.

Not any more. I'm getting 100mbs at no extra charge. They have a ton more room since they got rid of their analog behemoth.

I'll check it tonight. my 15 mbps standard is horrible.

Is it too much to hope for a last minute decision to broadcast on ESPN or ESPN2? I'll be sharing a place with my family and the bandwidth is gonna get crushed between them and me trying to stream ESPN3/ACC Extra.

Is it too much to hope for a last minute decision to broadcast on ESPN or ESPN2? I'll be sharing a place with my family and the bandwidth is gonna get crushed between them and me trying to stream ESPN3/ACC Extra.

Not a chance. ESPN has Colorado vs Colorado St. ESPN2 has US Open Tennis.

Time Warner might pick up the game for local broadcast only,

there is no difference in quality of your signal from 5-100mb your signal is your signal and HD takes no more than 5mb. until you get to 4k or 3d anything higher than 15mb only matters if you have 3-4 feeds going on and even then 15mb is plenty. the only ones who will notice is gamers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom