Syracuse.com reports on Tim Green Allegations | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse.com reports on Tim Green Allegations

really dont see much happening with any of those 4.. a family moves from chicago.. one kid played last year in track did people complain? one isnt playing yet and another came back into the area from VA..

It's amazing how rumors start when these other coaches start losing to Green.

There's a comment below the article about OCS in the early 2000s doing this. That's crap and shows the power of unsubstantiated Internet gossip. I know the people in the OCS athletic and football program. Nothing illegal was going on.

If I were Tim, I'd tell them all to go shiat in their designer hats. Quit and send Skaneatles football back into the dark ages...

Sounds like the other coaches need to man up

Rathbun said he’s received no official complaints from coaches or schools but has heard “rumors like everyone else. Everybody wants to pull me over to the side, but there’s never anything in writing.”

I am sorry if a kid wants to go play with a coach that is better than his school's coach or has been competition. It happens all the time for wrestling, basketball, football, and even academics. Usually the complaints are coming from inside the district rather than outside.

I am sorry if a kid wants to go play with a coach that is better than his school's coach or has been competition. It happens all the time for wrestling, basketball, football, and even academics. Usually the complaints are coming from inside the district rather than outside.

CBA looked pretty good on Friday.

really dont see much happening with any of those 4.. a family moves from chicago.. one kid played last year in track did people complain? one isnt playing yet and another came back into the area from VA..

It isn't just the 4 that are there now. Coaches I know say that he is actively out recruiting kids. BTW, did Tim ever get/take a teaching job?

We don't have school choice here in CNY.

We don't have school choice here in CNY.

I understand that CNY doesn't have school choice but it has been happening for years now. When Gene Mills took over at Phoenix he got some great wrestlers from different areas of the state, east coast and also from different countries (Jouni, Goeres, Burkinshaw). The parents in the community embraced what Gene was creating because he created a competitive atmosphere. These kids lived with either host families or they rented an apartment to get around section 3 rules. Was it illegal according to NYS probably. When I was growing up everyone knew that Henniger had all of the athletes in Syracuse. They always were competing for football, baseball, and basketball championships. I don't know if Syracuse City School had a rule that they can go to any school in the district. Look at DC2. He went from the city schools to JD. I have a friend that should have gone to Bville (lived in Kimbrook) but he wanted a more competitive soccer team in high school so he went to Liverpool.

I have been teaching for 14 years now. Ten of those in NY and I have seen it all. It used to kill me when they were up in arms over Ludden, CBA and Grimes recruiting kids when 90% of those kids went to parochial schools in Syracuse. Public schools would be fighting against Parochial schools while allowing it in their own backyard.

When I went to school in Canandaigua, we had a player living in the Victor school district but went to school at CDGA because of the better sports programs at the time.
If I remember correctly, all they had to do was pay some sort of fee ($5,000??) to attend the school as an out of district student.

I understand that CNY doesn't have school choice but it has been happening for years now. When Gene Mills took over at Phoenix he got some great wrestlers from different areas of the state, east coast and also from different countries (Jouni, Goeres, Burkinshaw). The parents in the community embraced what Gene was creating because he created a competitive atmosphere. These kids lived with either host families or they rented an apartment to get around section 3 rules. Was it illegal according to NYS probably. When I was growing up everyone knew that Henniger had all of the athletes in Syracuse. They always were competing for football, baseball, and basketball championships. I don't know if Syracuse City School had a rule that they can go to any school in the district. Look at DC2. He went from the city schools to JD. I have a friend that should have gone to Bville (lived in Kimbrook) but he wanted a more competitive soccer team in high school so he went to Liverpool.

I have been teaching for 14 years now. Ten of those in NY and I have seen it all. It used to kill me when they were up in arms over Ludden, CBA and Grimes recruiting kids when 90% of those kids went to parochial schools in Syracuse. Public schools would be fighting against Parochial schools while allowing it in their own backyard.

I know of a lot of those stories too. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, because it does. Just saying that it against the rules and Green is actively trying to breal them and people are complaining which is their right.

BTW, I know Gene very very well and will have to give him a hard time. :)

CBA has recruited for forever; even though they vehimently deny it. Many parents also factor in athletics when they move the family. Did any of those players make a significant difference in their first lopsided win? (Skaneateles)