Syracuse football defensive lineman Wayne Williams drops 'Brooklyn Bodega' diet (PS: Carlson) | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football defensive lineman Wayne Williams drops 'Brooklyn Bodega' diet (PS: Carlson)

The interesting thing about that article was the comment from Daoust that he heard from the older guys that WW had "done a 180". Sounds as though the Swaggercuse stuff might have rubbed some folks the wrong way in January, but that comment says two things to me: 1) WW seems to be "humble and hungry" (tm D. Waiters) and 2) there must be some strong leadership on this team

The interesting thing about that article was the comment from Daoust that he heard from the older guys that WW had "done a 180". Sounds as though the Swaggercuse stuff might have rubbed some folks the wrong way in January, but that comment says two things to me: 1) WW seems to be "humble and hungry" (tm D. Waiters) and 2) there must be some strong leadership on this team

I don't think it was that at all. I think it was mostly about discipline and physical conditioning. Plus, he hadn't played football in a year and a half at spring ball.

I don't think it was that at all. I think it was mostly about discipline and physical conditioning. Plus, he hadn't played football in a year and a half at spring ball.

That's kind of what I'm referring to though. I'm sure some of the older players didn't appreciate a guy, who claimed he was going to be 1st team AA, showing up so overweight especially in a position of great need. I am sure we can agree that it wasn't that long ago when something like that might not have drawn a reaction from the team, which is why I think it's a good sign of current leadership.