Syracuse football defensive tackle Wayne Williams on pace with summer conditioning (PS: Bailey) | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football defensive tackle Wayne Williams on pace with summer conditioning (PS: Bailey)

I am so encouraged by his commitment to get better - I met him on a chance meeting back when he was a senior and given that he almost didn't make it here - and given that DT is such a position of need - he may not fully contribute right away but he can only get better as the season wears on. Congrats to WW!

I am so encouraged by his commitment to get better - I met him on a chance meeting back when he was a senior and given that he almost didn't make it here - and given that DT is such a position of need - he may not fully contribute right away but he can only get better as the season wears on. Congrats to WW!

Yes I get the impression he's just a kid that needs someone to keep pushing him in the right direction. I think Coach Shafer is the right man for that job.

Disappointing that he came in at such a high weight in January, but hopefully he keeps working hard. Sounds as though fans should expect him to be a short-yardage guy at the start of the year, but if his attitude is right he can make a difference even with limited reps.