Syracuse Football Documentary | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Football Documentary

Wow. I took Mr. Miller shop class in 1974 at Eastwood junior high school. I don’t know the origin of the actual score board but I was just referring to how bare bones, utilitarian it was.

Wow. I took Mr. Miller shop class in 1974 at Eastwood junior high school. I don’t know the origin of the actual score board but I was just referring to how bare bones, utilitarian it was.
Small world. Go Eastwood Bears!

Small world. Go Eastwood Bears!
Yep good old Mr. Adolph Miller. Don't forget about the other Shop Teacher Mr. Rice. And of course there was always Mr. Spads with the paddle lol. Those were the days!

Mr. Miller, Mr. Rice, Mr. Spadafora, Miss Patrick, those were the days. Eastwood Jr. High Rocked!!!!!!!

Yep good old Mr. Adolph Miller. Don't forget about the other Shop Teacher Mr. Rice. And of course there was always Mr. Spads with the paddle lol. Those were the days!
“Somebody has been pissing on the radiators...”

Shout outs also to Miss Fagan, Mrs Neri and Mr Sweeney!

Found another one, "the greatest athletic arena in the country". Probably was at the time but funny to read. Cool as it shows the quad was the old old stadium and shows the old football stadium before Archibold. Neat history.

Found another one, "the greatest athletic arena in the country". Probably was at the time but funny to read. Cool as it shows the quad was the old old stadium and shows the old football stadium before Archibold. Neat history.
Very cool. I think we should have made a nod to the past when the Dome was built and incorporated some elements of Archbold in the design of the Dome. The most obvious thing would be to include a copy of the famous main entrance with the two Roman towers. But with an air supported dome, that could not be done.

Maybe as part of the redesign, that entrance can some day be re-introduced into the design. I think we have a famous and great history, and remembering it and honoring it is something that would be great to do.

I've told this story before, but my fraternity brothers and I were out late the night before the last game was set to be played and we had the idea to steal the "Welcome to Archbold Stadium 1907" sign for our fraternity. We sent two pledges to go get it and they climbed up and somehow managed to bring it back to my car. I was ready to take off when two police cars pinned us in. My life flashed before my eyes as one of the policeman said to the other that they should take all of us down to the station. Luckily they got a call for something more serious and took the sign and left. Too bad we didn't get away with it. It would have made one heck of a piece of memorabilia!