Syracuse football opens as two-score underdog at Louisville | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football opens as two-score underdog at Louisville

i wonder what it would have been before yesterdays results
Probably 14 ish

Edit. Reading the .com comments are a joy. People on there talking like Louisville is 9-1 and not 6-4

big plays is all they do.. when they dont get them they struggle. a game of not letting easy scores over the top was finally nice to see.. can we do a couple more of those

big plays is all they do.. when they dont get them they struggle. a game of not letting easy scores over the top was finally nice to see.. can we do a couple more of those

I'm not saying this as a knock on the Duke game but I'm expecting UL to possibly convert more big plays than Duke. If we're more aggressive guys are still young and making mistakes, is what it is. So UL is probably going to hit some big plays.

Just remember what Louisville looked like this time last year if you don’t like our chances.

i would be shocked if UL doesnt complete a couple long pass plays just because they run that play action so much, it will help if we stick with the man D so we dont get guys running 20 yds free like the BC game but still i dont expect the corners to be like glue on every play. just have to hope we limit the damage or we get an over throw or 2. UL Wr are very dynamic.

Louisville has a lot more experience on their oline than Duke did. It'll probably be harder to force the mistakes that allowed the defense to score or put the offense in good position so many times. We need our oline to show continued improvement and the offense to put together a good game.

Need to contain Tutu Atwell. Kids a playmaker.

Syracuse football is alive and well (for at least one more week - after that, who knows?)

Q: where was that earlier this season? (if you find out, please inform Virginia Tech - they were looking for it, too!)

Weather looks rough.
Not sure who that helps...

1574085687028.png

have to hope that the man D holds up so that they have to go to 2nd-3rd reads a few times so the DEs can do some damage.

This is nothing like last year's Louisville team. They have beaten BC, Wake, Virginia and NC State, and played ND tough in their opener. They're on pace for an 8-9 win season.

I think we can win this game, but we have to play extremely well on both sides of the ball.

Duke game was a good example of what happens when you’re able to control the line of scrimmage. Not sure how our elephant and hippos compare to Louisville’s, but hopefully they aren’t bigger than us.