Syracuse football recruiting chart: Verbal commitments to Orange in class of 2014 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football recruiting chart: Verbal commitments to Orange in class of 2014

I cannot remember a recruiting season where SU brought such a diverse class geographically. Five from Illinois? Five from Florida? Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Michigan? On top of our usual recruiting footprint. I know it reflects back on the connections of the staff. Just the same. Very unusual and interesting.

It is a little weird. A total of 5 verbals from NY, NJ and PA combined, and that includes WW. Whatever it takes to build a successful program.

It is a little weird. A total of 5 verbals from NY, NJ and PA combined, and that includes WW. Whatever it takes to build a successful program.

There's 3 PA kids, Custis, KJ Williams and Frankling. 2 NY Kids - WW and Naes Howard. 1 Jersey - R. Williams. Also, AJ Long is really a PA kid, he just happened to play his senior year in TN. And Erv Phillips is from CT. So really 8 of the 23 are from the Northeast. The biggest shift is from NYC and DC/MD kids to IL/Chicago.

Addendum: make that SIX players from Florida. BooYa!

There's 3 PA kids, Custis, KJ Williams and Frankling. 2 NY Kids - WW and Naes Howard. 1 Jersey - R. Williams. Also, AJ Long is really a PA kid, he just happened to play his senior year in TN. And Erv Phillips is from CT. So really 8 of the 23 are from the Northeast. The biggest shift is from NYC and DC/MD kids to IL/Chicago.
You are right, miscounted going down the states and forgot about AJ originally from PA but I didn't count Erv. So approx 1/3 from Northeast, again that's fine and the direction the program went this year with the new staff.

You are right, miscounted going down the states and forgot about AJ originally from PA but I didn't count Erv. So approx 1/3 from Northeast, again that's fine and the direction the program went this year with the new staff.

Yeah and in all honesty, I think a third of the class from the northeast is probably appropriate considering the fact that we're not a player in NJ at this time and our big focus areas are PA, NY and CT. If we get a strong foothold back in Jersey, then maybe we can get back into that 40-50% from the northeast again.

Whats wrong with a 1/3 coming from florida/georgia, 1/3 coming from the NE, and 1/3 coming from where ever the staff has natural roots/connections (MidWest in this case)?

That seems like a fairly balanced rational approach approach to me. obviously different years will bear more/less talent in each of those 3 regions but if the effort is based in those areas in a balanced way, I have a hard time seeing much improve to on.

PS Orange Yes you are a beast and for over a decade I have appreciated you. I hope I get to meet you at an event sooner than later. Thank you.

I think you find the best players for your system that have an interest. Where they come from is almost incidental.

Whats wrong with a 1/3 coming from florida/georgia, 1/3 coming from the NE, and 1/3 coming from where ever the staff has natural roots/connections (MidWest in this case)?

That seems like a fairly balanced rational approach approach to me. obviously different years will bear more/less talent in each of those 3 regions but if the effort is based in those areas in a balanced way, I have a hard time seeing much improve to on.

PS Orange Yes you are a beast and for over a decade I have appreciated you. I hope I get to meet you at an event sooner than later. Thank you.
Thanks, likewise. Are you local?

Thanks, likewise. Are you local?
I was local for 26 yrs growing up there but after I graduated (from Cuse) I quickly plateaued career wise and I moved down to philly for work (and my fiancé) I have now been in and around here for the last 6 yrs. I usually get to the NYC game every year and will be getting to more home games hopefully as well :) (life has finally settled a bit)

I was local for 26 yrs growing up there but after I graduated (from Cuse) I quickly plateaued career wise and I moved down to philly for work (and my fiancé) I have now been in and around here for the last 6 yrs. I usually get to the NYC game every year and will be getting to more home games hopefully as well :) (life has finally settled a bit)
Please try to attend one of our tailgates, you will be treated well.