Syracuse Goes Mobile Ticketing (Luddites Take Note) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Goes Mobile Ticketing (Luddites Take Note)

There is a minimal savings for not printing tickets, there is some convenience for those that like it. There is also very minimal scamming going on for games at SU.. I mean what are we talking at most a few big games might have a few hundred scam tickets. But much of that is people not being very smart buying last minute tickets from scam artists.

Just make it as easy as you can for everyone.

My biggest gripe is whatever happened to customer service..You know the customer is always right and that the business does every thing in there power to make them happy.

Why can't SU offer mobile ticketing for those who want to use it while still offering us old timers the option to use hard style tickets. This seems to me to make too much common sense. Jamming mobile tickets down everyones throat regardless if they want to use it just is wrong IMO

My biggest gripe is whatever happened to customer service..You know the customer is always right and that the business does every thing in there power to make them happy.

Why can't SU offer mobile ticketing for those who want to use it while still offering us old timers the option to use hard style tickets. This seems to me to make too much common sense. Jamming mobile tickets down everyones throat regardless if they want to use it just is wrong IMO

OK, Boomer. :rolleyes:

There is a minimal savings for not printing tickets, there is some convenience for those that like it. There is also very minimal scamming going on for games at SU.. I mean what are we talking at most a few big games might have a few hundred scam tickets. But much of that is people not being very smart buying last minute tickets from scam artists.

Just make it as easy as you can for everyone.

Mobile ticketing isn't about any of those things.

Just another example of fans being frustrated with the move to mobile tickets.

It begs to ask the question at what point do fans just say F... it and not bother going to the game and just stay home in comfort to watch it on a 75 inch hd tv. In recent years all across ncaa football is losing fans at the stadiums at alarming rates this move to mobile only makes matters worse.

Every team in college should be making it easier to come to an event not harder

Old style tickets worked for years why. change a good thing
costs much more for paper tickets vs mobile

where does it say that? I know the costs of printing tickets has gone up but its not a huge savings and its money that you dont save for several years.

That would be like the best steakhouse in town starts serving dinner on a paper plate instead of a nice plate. When you run a business there are things that the customer expects when paying the price for the service or product

That would be like the best steakhouse in town starts serving dinner on a paper plate instead of a nice plate. When you run a business there are things that the customer expects when paying the price for the service or product

It's nothing like that. Your model is going to the steakhouse and having to pay various items with check, cash, credit, pooling money from guests. And running out of cash to tip the coat check.

Don't be afraid, honestly it works nicely. I too was a skeptic. Other thing is this is the way of the world so the whole resistance thing is futile applies too.

It's nothing like that. Your model is going to the steakhouse and having to pay various items with check, cash, credit, pooling money from guests. And running out of cash to tip the coat check.

Don't be afraid, honestly it works nicely. I too was a skeptic. Other thing is this is the way of the world so the whole resistance thing is futile applies too.

Ticket Guy also longs for days gone by where he’d dine at said steakhouse by whale oil lamp.

Damn those newfangled gaslights! :p

I agree but SU needs to have an option for those that can't or won't accept technology. I also support SU charging a fee for paper tickets

I agree but SU needs to have an option for those that can't or won't accept technology. I also support SU charging a fee for paper tickets

Right. Because everybody in the industry is finding it hard to lure customers into the building...and this was before some people got antsy about being crowded into a public space. Football games especially are way too long, home TVs are way too good (and cheap), and broadcasts, for all their flaws, offer a lot more to the casual fan than we can catch in-person.

So because it's unwise to chase away even one paying customer in this environment, I have to think some compromise will be reached.

I'm an old fart and quite frankly this isn't that hard. I have been using mobile ticketing for the last couple of years at the Dome and it has worked seamlessly for me. My phone is easier to retrieve than digging a paper ticket out of my wallet. I was also able to very easily transfer tickets to a friend for the UConn game two years ago when my daughter scheduled her wedding for that day.
I get the concerns over a lack of privacy and it concerns me too. I think we are being tracked and our data mined more than many folks are aware. In the end, it's a trade-off that I willingly make for the football games for the convenience. I would like to see SU at least have an option for paper or printed tickets to accommodate those that really want them.

I sound like a broken record for the older guys here - but that didn't happen with MLB.

Reality is it's going to get to a point where the whole place is both cashless and doesn't take hard credit cards. The phone will do everything.

I sound like a broken record for the older guys here - but that didn't happen with MLB.

Reality is it's going to get to a point where the whole place is both cashless and doesn't take hard credit cards. The phone will do everything.

I'm not aware of all of baseball doing this; it wasn't mandatory at Citi Field last summer. And I wonder if that's even feasible; IIRC, Philadelphia's city council passed an ordinance prohibiting "no cash" businesses a year or two ago, and even though that was tailored to address eateries that only accepted plastic or mobile pay, I'd imagine the same concern exists about that type of restriction at the ballpark.

(Not arguing against your experience here, just musing about how universal this trend might become.)

where does it say that? I know the costs of printing tickets has gone up but its not a huge savings and its money that you dont save for several years.
well syracuse charges 15 fee for every season ticket holder figuring ~20000 * 15= $300,000. I know it doesnt cost $15 to print but its the only number i have to go by

I'm not aware of all of baseball doing this; it wasn't mandatory at Citi Field last summer. And I wonder if that's even feasible; IIRC, Philadelphia's city council passed an ordinance prohibiting "no cash" businesses a year or two ago, and even though that was tailored to address eateries that only accepted plastic or mobile pay, I'd imagine the same concern exists about that type of restriction at the ballpark.

(Not arguing against your experience here, just musing about how universal this trend might become.)

The Nats did it. A guy in my ticket group was fiercely against this, and fought tooth and nail. Got the same answer every single time.

With baseball anyway, I remember when teams controlled their own website and apparel, before MLB took it all over. This seems like the next step. Every game you get a trade up notification, stuff like that.

They aren't at the point yet (well this year aside) with the total cashless thing. But...the cashless, cardless Shake Shack like is like 2 minutes when the other line is 10-15. You can see where it's all going.

well syracuse charges 15 fee for every season ticket holder figuring ~20000 * 15= $300,000. I know it doesnt cost $15 to print but its the only number i have to go by
And you have the cost of packaging and mailing. I think charging an extra $10-15 for seasons to get paper tickets is a reasonable price a Luddite should pay.

The Nats did it. A guy in my ticket group was fiercely against this, and fought tooth and nail. Got the same answer every single time.

With baseball anyway, I remember when teams controlled their own website and apparel, before MLB took it all over. This seems like the next step. Every game you get a trade up notification, stuff like that.

They aren't at the point yet (well this year aside) with the total cashless thing. But...the cashless, cardless Shake Shack like is like 2 minutes when the other line is 10-15. You can see where it's all going.

As someone who waited 45 minutes for some Ben's Chili Bowl in the first year at Natinals Park, I can get how that'd be appealing.

Apart from my personal opposition, though, I wonder how long before more large cities with significant poor/banking averse populations go the Philadelphia route and start regulating businesses with regard to payment options. It's something to watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom