Syracuse has inquired about Maryland transfer Seth Allen | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse has inquired about Maryland transfer Seth Allen

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
" Though Allen interviewed with WNST Tuesday, offering his side of the transfer situation, he remained mum on possible destinations. One source anticipated Allen to be recruited by “virtually every ACC school,” none of which are restricted by Maryland. Virginia remains a plausible destination with heavy interest, but two other sources have said that Arizona, Kansas and Syracuse have also inquired. Of course, this is a partial list, given that Allen is expected to draw sweeping high-major interest given his pedigree and success with the Terps."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...nsfer-notes-nick-faust-reopening-recruitment/

Faust has one year left I believe, after sitting out next year. I like Allens swagger and grit, but he is a small guard, who doesn't really fit the zone, and we have KJ, Howard, Cooney, BJ, and Buss, most likely on the team in 2015-16 when he becomes eligible. Not to mention we are hard after Tyus Battle. Interesting...

From the article sounds more like SU inquired about PG Seth Allen who is a rising junior. Though the article didn't say, I expect he would have to sit out a year. IMO he would want a situation where he comes in and starts but who knows.

From the article sounds more like SU inquired about PG Seth Allen who is a rising junior. Though the article didn't say, I expect he would have to sit out a year. IMO he would want a situation where he comes in and starts but who knows.
You are right, I was just going to make the correction.

Went to the UMD game down there. Allen was impressive , very good shooter and despite being more of a SG than PG and playing out of position, he had a decent handle. He's small for a SG , his size more suitable as a PG but really needs to work on lead guard skills -not a distributor. He was fired up playing against us and was leading scorer in the game.

Allen would be a solid pickup, could be a nice spark-plug/shooter off the bench.

I wish Allen or Faust could stay at Maryland thru the summer and graduate and be able to play without sitting out next year. However, unless the transfer has the ability to have a Wes Johnson season I wouldn't take a guy for just 1 year and have them sit out next year because we need that scholarship for 2015 for a big right now. Faust/Allen don't seem like they are Wes Johnson type guys so I would wish them the best elsewhere for 1 season in 2015.

Faust has one year left I believe, after sitting out next year. I like Allens swagger and grit, but he is a small guard, who doesn't really fit the zone, and we have KJ, Howard, Cooney, BJ, and Buss, most likely on the team in 2015-16 when he becomes eligible. Not to mention we are hard after Tyus Battle. Interesting...

dont forget Malachi either