Syracuse in 2K Sports Classic at MSG in November 2014 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse in 2K Sports Classic at MSG in November 2014

shandeezy7

Living Legend
Other host schools include Texas, Cal (AGAIN!) and Iowa.

Texas and Iowa should both be better than decent next season.

Yeah, they are both pretty good this year. From a name standpoint it doesn't ring loudly but you're right.

Texas will be preseason top 10 next year. It should return it's top 9 scorers -- this year to year they are 1 Jr, 5 soph, 3 fr.

Texas will be good next year most of their team is Freshman/Sophomores and they have beasts in Ridley and Holmes.

Iowa/Cal will be NCAAs due to their coaches. If we play one of Iowa/Cal then Texas those are 2 good wins come next year's NCAA Tournament.

Texas will be good next year most of their team is Freshman/Sophomores and they have beasts in Ridley and Holmes.

Iowa/Cal will be NCAAs due to their coaches. If we play one of Iowa/Cal then Texas those are 2 good wins come next year's NCAA Tournament.
Yeah, but they don't count since they will be home games.

Iowa is a very deep team this year. It has 9 players,average over 6. Six of the 9 return and and will be upperclassmen. They do lose 2 starters and best player in marble.

Definitely top 25.

Other host schools include Texas, Cal (AGAIN!) and Iowa.
This clinches our suspicions. Cal is definitely stalking Syracuse.

I don't know why. Good academic school, good family, nice posture; she has a lot going for her. I hope she gets help soon.

Also glad to have a chance to hang at MSG again next season. Even with a creepy-psycho-ex-girlfriend-who-never-even-was-a-girlfriend hanging around again.

I'm glad we're Syracuse and get to be in the nice tournaments like Maui, 2k, Atlantis, etc.

I like the assumed wins.

You have to figure the semi-final matchups will be California vs. Texas, and Syracuse vs. Iowa.

Texas will be preseason top 10 next year. It should return it's top 9 scorers -- this year to year they are 1 Jr, 5 soph, 3 fr.

But after we beat them they will completely tank and by February the story line will be "Syracuse never plays anybody."

Why don't we ever play in one of those events against a Kentucky, Michigan St, Kansas, etc anymore?

Iowa is a very deep team this year. It has 9 players,average over 6. Six of the 9 return and and will be upperclassmen. They do lose 2 starters and best player in marble.

Definitely top 25.
They aren't a top 25 team this year, but they'll be one next year without Marble?

Why don't we ever play in one of those events against a Kentucky, Michigan St, Kansas, etc anymore?

I think it's just that there are a lot of these tournaments these days and the elite teams are spread around. The only tournaments that really have more than one heavy hitter are Maui and Atlantis and to a lesser extent, the NIT Tipoff.

Playing at MSG in November is more important than playing Kansas in the "Chico's Bail Bonds Classic" in Kansas City.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom