Syracuse lineman Ivan Foy opens up about his academic suspension: 'I really thought I was done' (PS) | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse lineman Ivan Foy opens up about his academic suspension: 'I really thought I was done' (PS)

Did anyone else notice that the article said Foy lived on-campus in the Spring, and not in an apartment? Sounds like Shafer really sent a message-glad Foy seems to have learned his lesson and is back on track.

Did anyone else notice that the article said Foy lived on-campus in the Spring, and not in an apartment? Sounds like Shafer really sent a message-glad Foy seems to have learned his lesson and is back on track.
HCSS appears to have been very clear about where lines are drawn and also very clear about a pathway to return. Mistakes and choices have consequences but an individual can overcome them and get back where he belongs. Glad to see his parents didn't coddle him, either.

Keep working hard, Ivan. Another good job by Nate and the PS crew. The times they are a changin'.

RMH44 said:
LOL. Cohen left at a good time...imagine having to plod through 22 (so far) of his recruit analysis reviews.

"The beads of condensation run down the arctic blue Gatorade bottle on to the desk of Scott Shafer as he offers a sip to the Aunt of one of the." ...zzzzzzzz

It definitely seems like Foy gets it now. One thing Shafer doesn't mess around with is academics.

Football speaking I am a big fan of Foy. I thought he was the most improved player on the team last year moving from guard to starting tackle. Interesting to see he is down 30lbs. I hope he is able to win his job back.

That was a really good article. Ivan was really open about the situation - much more so than he really had to be with the privacy laws these days. Sounds like he comes from a good family. Hopefully he will take advantage of this second chance. I think he will.

It definitely seems like Foy gets it now. One thing Shafer doesn't mess around with is academics.

Football speaking I am a big fan of Foy. I thought he was the most improved player on the team last year moving from guard to starting tackle. Interesting to see he is down 30lbs. I hope he is able to win his job back.
Liked Foy's nasty, hard=nosed way of finishing his blocks last year.

I want the best 5 lineman on the field, if Lasker wins the RT job any chance they move Foy back to guard if he is better than Robinson?

With Syracuse running a hurry up O i would expect us to do some platoon football on the Oline. I can see Lasker Foy rotating as well as Robinson Trudo and Palmer.