Syracuse local sport radio stations | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse local sport radio stations

SU68

Starter
Is there a good local sports radio station in Syracuse? I'm ready to move on.

I've listened to the morning show on The Score1260 for years, but I'm done with their whiney histrionics and immature comments worthy of a boy on a computer in his mom's basement. They spend so much time on fantasy football, "Survivor", music, and movies and don't seem to know a whole lot about local sports. They talk about it some, but don't exhibit any depth of knowledge.

I've listened to the morning show on The Score1260 for years, but I'm done with their whiney histrionics and immature comments worthy of a boy on a computer in his mom's basement. They spend so much time on fantasy football, "Survivor", music, and movies and don't seem to know a whole lot about local sports. They talk about it some, but don't exhibit any depth of knowledge.
Sports radio is garbage. Find some good podcasts. There are many out there.

Yea, I stopped listening to local sports radio when Danny left

In regards to 1260, you’re right and wrong. You’re right in that they talk about HORRIBLE topics. You hit the nail on the head. It’s all fantasy and tv recaps and NBA. Terrible Cuse coverage. I can’t listen anymore. So bad

The reason it’s odd is where you’re wrong. Jim Lerch knows Cuse sports as well as anyone. Most people hated Poliquin, but back when it was truly Bud and the Manchild, they talked tons about SU sports and were very listenable.

I still enjoy espn 97.7/1200 at Noon with Infanti and Pauly. Steve is a true pro.

Axe, somehow, has regressed considerably as a radio personality over the past 15 years. He was quite entertaining and polished early in his career. Now I find him almost unlistenable.

Steve Infanti is good. From 12-2 ( or 3 now but Steve usually leaves show at 2). He’s on ESPN radio,I think 97.7 FM or the show can also be picked up on 1200 AM. The only issue there is his partner on the show is the producer who at times will make you want to gauge out your own eyeballs with his commentary.

Steve Infanti is good. From 12-2 ( or 3 now but Steve usually leaves show at 2). He’s on ESPN radio,I think 97.7 FM or the show can also be picked up on 1200 AM. The only issue there is his partner on the show is the producer who at times will make you want to gauge out your own eyeballs with his commentary.
Didn't he have a decent partner at one point? I remember listening to Steve for a little bit

Syracuse is barely a top 100 market anymore, so most of the good guys/gals move on to bigger and better things. As for 1260, I always thought they were the most amateur of the local stations. Good people still, just bad technicals.

In regards to 1260, you’re right and wrong. You’re right in that they talk about HORRIBLE topics. You hit the nail on the head. It’s all fantasy and tv recaps and NBA. Terrible Cuse coverage. I can’t listen anymore. So bad

The reason it’s odd is where you’re wrong. Jim Lerch knows Cuse sports as well as anyone. Most people hated Poliquin, but back when it was truly Bud and the Manchild, they talked tons about SU sports and were very listenable.

I still enjoy espn 97.7/1200 at Noon with Infanti and Pauly. Steve is a true pro.

Axe, somehow, has regressed considerably as a radio personality over the past 15 years. He was quite entertaining and polished early in his career. Now I find him almost unlistenable.
Wasn't Axe trying to mimic what the national talking heads were doing?

Part of me thinks this.

He saw Danny and Mike Lindsley move on to other things, and then Danny to greater things.

Axe got the Bills gig and then nothing further happened and it kind of just existed, as in if a tree fell in the woods you wouldn't know kind of way.

At this point he has resigned himself to the fact at this stage in his career he is going to be nothing more than the local Syracuse market Syracuse, Bills, Giants, Yankees guy (occasional Mets and Jets). And he is kind of just going through the motions at this point.

Wasn't Axe trying to mimic what the national talking heads were doing?

Part of me thinks this.

He saw Danny and Mike Lindsley move on to other things, and then Danny to greater things.

Axe got the Bills gig and then nothing further happened and it kind of just existed, as in if a tree fell in the woods you wouldn't know kind of way.

At this point he has resigned himself to the fact at this stage in his career he is going to be nothing more than the local Syracuse market Syracuse, Bills, Giants, Yankees guy (occasional Mets and Jets). And he is kind of just going through the motions at this point.
I think he found where he fits, now granted I’ve only listened to him for past 8 years or so, but I think his show is good. I mean for crying out loud we are in Syracuse ny. He has a solid show technically, with a lot of Syracuse content and a lot of Syracuse reporters join. I think it’s a good show for local sports. I don’t understand the people who “can’t stand listening to him”. I mean Jeesh it’s just sports commentary don’t take it so personal lol

Radio stations are still playing Survivor? I mean I know they had a couple of other songs besides Eye of the Tiger but damn, that was over 30 years ago!