Syracuse NFTs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse NFTs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You truly are a gem … upset no one is putting you on one? I’m sorry they ran out of room in the naive fanboard poster collection.
Naive is investing in an intangible item with a limited addressable market and losing 80% in a year and coping by calling it a “winter lull”
I did in the message you replied to … good grief.
you really didn’t.

Naive is investing in an intangible item with a limited addressable market and losing 80% in a year and coping by calling it a “winter lull”

you really didn’t.
And yet every 4 years on halving events a new high is printed … and yes I did … refers can win free NFTs that’s it … it’s in the message go back and read it.

And yet every 4 years on halving events a new high is printed … and yes I did … refers can win free NFTs that’s it … it’s in the message go back and read it.
Your coping is admirable, I sure hope you got in early and don’t blow your savings on apes and doge

Your coping is admirable, I sure hope you got in early and don’t blow your savings on apes and doge
And your ignorance is glorious … you sure you aren’t a Rutgers fan?

That is 100% what I meant, all colleges would be late if they were also introducing this kind of dumb stuff this year. I singled out syracuse because that’s the board we are on, and I think they’re stupid and late to the game for introducing it

Define late? You mean an athlete might only make $100 instead of $500? Something wrong with that? And I don’t believe they can even be bought and sold in NY yet. So maybe SU is early.

Nothing
Define late? You mean an athlete might only make $100 instead of $500? Something wrong with that? And I don’t believe they can even be bought and sold in NY yet. So maybe SU is early.
SU is early there are more advances coming and universities are now teaching crypto economics as part of a FinTech curriculum. I am working on one with the University of Oklahoma and one for the University of Illinois … would love to build one at Syracuse as well.

To give you an idea of scope and how early these things are … the chain I work on is supported by over 4000 individual businesses who in total have spent $2.5 billion in capital on hardware solutions with an expected CAGR of $1 billion annually over the next 5 years. It has real use and utility, we have partnerships with companies like Lockheed. It is also leveraged by several major universities and is responsible for things like internet archive, the Shoah Foundation archive and 1000s of other research libraries.

For those cherry picking meme coin examples out of sheer ignorance all I can say is you’re missing out. Smart contract, immutable ledgers and other innovations are changing business as we know it. XRP & Stellar are used by major banking institutions and new DeFi compute tokens like Flux and Cudos are driving compute over data for large distributed archives and research institutions.

Crypto has its turds just like any investment paradigm but it is also a fantastic opportunity for those that wish to explore.

To give you an idea of scope and how early these things are … the chain I work on is supported by over 4000 individual businesses who in total have spent $2.5 billion in capital on hardware solutions with an expected CAGR of $1 billion annually over the next 5 years. It has real use and utility, we have partnerships with companies like Lockheed. It is also leveraged by several major universities and is responsible for things like internet archive, the Shoah Foundation archive and 1000s of other research libraries.

For those cherry picking meme coin examples out of sheer ignorance all I can say is you’re missing out. Smart contract, immutable ledgers and other innovations are changing business as we know it. XRP & Stellar are used by major banking institutions and new DeFi compute tokens like Flux and Cudos are driving compute over data for large distributed archives and research institutions.

Crypto has its turds just like any investment paradigm but it is also a fantastic opportunity for those that wish to explore.

That’s what I meant to say. ;)

That’s fine, good for them if they make any money. I just hope everyone who buys them knows it is essentially a donation

And your ignorance is glorious … you sure you aren’t a Rutgers fan?
Your optimism is painful, I’ll be looking for your web3 posts in 3 months. I hope your company does well, but as someone who works in tech, I don’t foresee it being much more than a niche offering that largely loses its luster the deeper you look into it.

I poopoo this because I’ve seen it destroy lives. Consumer are fickle and don’t understand technology and the difference between business and consumer applications. Blockchain tech has been the best playground for scammers since the internet began.

Never understood and still don’t understand the point of NFT’s. I’m sure the technology will be useful but the NFT’s themselves are stupid, IMO. Why would I want a digital file 1 of 1? I would rather collect baseball cards.

You’re confusing the poster’s position. Block chain technology and NFT collectibles are two separate things.

You’re confusing the poster’s position. Block chain technology and NFT collectibles are two separate things.
Where do you think NFTs live? I’m not confusing anything.

Where do you think NFTs live? I’m not confusing anything.
I’m not an idiot. They aren’t the same thing. NFT’s are dumb. Block chain technology has use.

Your optimism is painful, I’ll be looking for your web3 posts in 3 months. I hope your company does well, but as someone who works in tech, I don’t foresee it being much more than a niche offering that largely loses its luster the deeper you look into it.

I poopoo this because I’ve seen it destroy lives. Consumer are fickle and don’t understand technology and the difference between business and consumer applications. Blockchain tech has been the best playground for scammers since the internet began.
I’ve seen the stock market destroy lives … your schrick seriously makes my head hurt. You obviously know nothing of this space … please spare the rest of us and stay out of it …

I’m not an idiot. They aren’t the same thing. NFT’s are dumb. Block chain technology has use.
I literally posted a use case article go read it. NFTs have use cases … what kills me is you folks will see a guy like Gretzky spend 1.3 million on a baseball card as a collectible but don’t see this market.

I literally posted a use case article go read it. NFTs have use cases … what kills me is you folks will see a guy like Gretzky spend 1.3 million on a baseball card as a collectible but don’t see this market.
I don't really care what you posted. NFT's are dumb, IMO. You're entitled to your own opinion.

But your arguments conflate NFT's and block chain technology which is disingenuous and incorrect.

I don't really care what you posted. NFT's are dumb, IMO. You're entitled to your own opinion.

But your arguments conflate NFT's and block chain technology which is disingenuous and incorrect.
They reside on a blockchain … execute smart contracts on the chain. I did not conflate them he started down the Doge road. The other cool part is I don’t give a damn what you feel is or isn’t dumb.

So you don’t care what I posted that’s fine but yiu have not made an argument you just ignore facts … cool. If you think they are dumb leave the thread … you’re the idiot sticking around to discuss a topic you loathe. Seems pretty simple to me.

“They’re dumb …” good grief I get better debates and logic from my 10 year old.

They reside on a blockchain … execute smart contracts on the chain. I did not conflate them he started down the Doge road. The other cool part is I don’t give a damn what you feel is or isn’t dumb.

So you don’t care what I posted that’s fine but yiu have not made an argument you just ignore facts … cool. If you think they are dumb leave the thread … you’re the idiot sticking around to discuss a topic you loathe. Seems pretty simple to me.

“They’re dumb …” good grief I get better debates and logic from my 10 year old.
Dude. You were arguing that they were the same thing four posts ago. Choose to believe what you want. I think they’re dumb and I don’t buy them as a long-term investment. Could I be wrong? Sure. But that’s my opinion. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.