Syracuse one of 35 DI men’s basketball teams receiving APR Public Recognition Awards for outstanding academics | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse one of 35 DI men’s basketball teams receiving APR Public Recognition Awards for outstanding academics

Very impressive to see SU up on that board with schools such as Harvard, Yale, Princeton and Stanford. Would be even more impressive if Kentucky was not also there. Nonetheless, good job guys!

I know it's fun to make fun of SEC academics or lack their of, but they have seven teams on there.

You'd think that Virginia would be on that list.

Where’s Duke? Thought they were such an elite, prestigious school that does things the right way, and a “family”?

That loss to Lehigh really broke K huh?

All 58 ACC football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball and baseball programs exceed the required 930 APR average

Men’s Basketball: 10 ACC teams have an APR above the Division I average 967 (most among peer conferences and three more than the next-closest Power 5 league)

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure for the NCAA’s APR calculations only scholarship players count - now for grad rates that may very well differ.

That is my understanding also but I haven't researched to verify.

Sorry, was thinking of the days when we routinely gave scholarships to walk ons. That practice really helped our APR in the past.

Looks like the last one to get one was Braedon Bayer last season.

From Division III to Syracuse: Dutchess' Bayer achieves basketball dream

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom