Syracuse opens -9.5 vs Ga Tech | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse opens -9.5 vs Ga Tech

PauliePeppas

Hall of Fame
IMG_5320.GIF
I like the sound of that

Jmho...but I think this game is a blowout.

I thought early in our last game, we repeatedly had better looks than Tech...and they did NOT look comfortable against our zone.

Things got weird toward the end of the first half and we squandered a 9 point lead.

Some questionable calls went against us and things kinda snowballed.

I don't see that happening again.

Not a gambler at all, but that just sounds waaaaaay out of whack.

I'm sure some of the degenerate sophisticated gamblers on the board will explain it.

I think it's about right. The home court thing, especially for Syracuse and the road game thing, especially for Ga Tech means a lot.

SU 7-1 at home in conference play.
GT 1-7 on the road in conference play.

Vegas thinks because we have eaten a lot of good teams at home we will roll them at home.
I think the line 2-3 points too high.
SU by 6 IMO.

In a different thread I noted that GT was 1-7 away from home in ACC games. Last to Duke by 53. Beat NC State about 7 weeks ago on the road. Since then lost to UVA, VT, Wake, Clemson, Miami, and ND on the road. Only the Wake and ND games were close. 9 1/2 may be a little high but SU is a definite favorite. But GT is also playing for their tournament lives, as is Syracuse in my opinion.

Georgia Tech has horrible team rankings for some reason and we know they have quite a large impact on spreads, probably more than any other factor.

Of the 30 teams that Nirvana has on his extended bubble list their average rankings are #30. kP still only suggests about 6.5.

I have to say it is quite high, but we seem to be consistently 2-3 points higher Han expected in all recent games.

Home road must be a factor.

Okay, guys, I am abandoning ship for an entire week, scuba diving in some godforsaken place off Central America. Root root ROOT for this damn team, and throughout the ACC tournament as well! It kills me to miss it. I feel certain that my being on top of things contributes to our team's success and do not trust them to handle stuff without me.

Luckily, I believe there is internet on this island and I will be able to get updates. But my attention will be so scattered . . . . (fret)

I know I can count on all of you to carry us into the Promised Land, the NCAA Tournament!

(fret)

Seems a bit high but I sure would love to cover that with ease.

We should beat these guys at home by double digits. I just hope we come out strong on senior night with the season on the line.

lets just have 2 of the 4 shooters show up for once and not make us have to come from 15 down.

9.5 means Vegas thinks we'd be about a 6.5 fave on a neutral floor. However add a 1/2 or a full 1pt because we're really good at home and another half point since Tech is really bad on the road. I think in a neutral setting we'd be about 4.5 fave on a neutral floor vs. Tech.

If Lammers doesn't kill us - we win going away by 10+

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom