"Syracuse player" Jesse Edwards | Syracusefan.com

"Syracuse player" Jesse Edwards

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
Someone from work was flying to L.A. and sat next to this guy on a flight. My guess is he's got a workout with the Lakers or Clippers.

As someone who had no clue who he was, when asked, HE identified himself as "a former Syracuse player.". His head touched the ceiling of the plane when sitting down.

Good luck Jesse. He's still Orange to me, and apparently to him too. Hope he does well in his workout.

IMG_20240614_010149.jpg

I don't dislike Jesse. I really didnt think much of him when he came in but he was one of the rare players we've had lately that showed significant improvement while here.

I know it was all financials why he left but in the back of my head it didn't seem like he fit in with the group sticking around at all with Joe leaving too.

Jesse and Joe both gave SU 4 years. They didn't "owe" anything more. They're both Orangemen for life.
After watching the absolute shizz show Red had to deal with last season, I can’t blame either of them for wanting something different. I wouldn’t have wanted to play with the Benny Faction either. The only thing Jesse did wrong was allow his dad to create some bad blood on the way out. No one will ever fault Jesse for taking the money, but his dad dealt in bad faith with SU.

After watching the absolute shizz show Red had to deal with last season, I can’t blame either of them for wanting something different. I wouldn’t have wanted to play with the Benny Faction either. The only thing Jesse did wrong was allow his dad to create some bad blood on the way out. No one will ever fault Jesse for taking the money, but his dad dealt in bad faith with SU.
100%

Not that anyone can predict the future, but given how last year played out for WVU and how we needed a true center, it would have be better in everyway except his bank account for him to have stayed. If we're not short handed inside, Brown gets to play at the 4 and maybe Benny is showed the door sooner. I have to believe he's worth the 1 or 2 more wins we needed to make the tourney. Oh well.

Jesse and Joe both gave SU 4 years. They didn't "owe" anything more. They're both Orangemen for life.
There is one fundamental difference between Jesse and Joe. In Joe's case it seemed like a mutual decision for him to move on once JJ came onboard. Not that we wouldn't have taken Joe back for a fifth year with open arms, but his role would have diminished somewhat. In Jesse's case, he was being fully counted on to be a key piece, perhaps THE key piece to last year's team and gave every indication that he was looking forward to finishing his career in Syracuse. The West Virginia poaching began before he was entered in the portal and Syracuse was blindsided by it with no real opportunity to backfill with a player of comparable skills.
I cheered for Joe when he returned to the Dome in the uniform of an opponent. Don;t think I would have done the same for Jesse.

I have zero problem with Joe. I’m glad he got a chance to play a year in the role he always should have been in here.

Jesse’s family was utterly duplicitous in their dealings with SU. Jesse was getting paid here, twice, but his father was a greedy jerk. Jesse should have told him to stuff it. He was 23 when it all went down, guy needed to be an adult.

I have zero problem with Joe. I’m glad he got a chance to play a year in the role he always should have been in here.

Jesse’s family was utterly duplicitous in their dealings with SU. Jesse was getting paid here, twice, but his father was a greedy jerk. Jesse should have told him to stuff it. He was 23 when it all went down, guy needed to be an adult.
He knew the system, he would've had the same learning curve switching man-to-man, he was getting paid, and certainly more than likely an increased amount, barring injury, I believe he would have been a focal point, I believe we would have won more games at least 3, and his professional prospects would have been better. Wrong career move in my opinion, I very certainly could be wrong.