Syracuse players in the new AAF league. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse players in the new AAF league.

I hope that this league can hang on.

All in all the games were easier to watch v NFL

did ESPN even recognize this existed? cant find it on their web site?

i see now why the unders were bet so hard.. started in the high 60s came down into the low 50s and neither game broke 50..

NO kickers in this league, no kick offs and only two point attempts after a touchdown.

I've got to say, I'm pleasantly surprised by what I saw. The offenses were a bit clunky, but that's got to be expected at this point. These guys have only played together for a few months.
The other leagues that failed all tried to compete with the NFL. I like their strategy of working with the NFL. They are all for the NFL poaching their players.
I also enjoyed the QB's and coaches being mic'd up during the game. You can actually hear the QB huffing and puffing before the snap, and it was cool to hear the QB and HC discuss what they saw, and talk strategy.
It seems like the league put a lot of thought into how to make this work. I wish they had put the same amount of thought into the referees uniforms...good lord. It looks like they're wearing a bro, or a manzier. I'm sure the refs lpve how the uniforms really accentuate their pot belly, and love handles.
DzAoiP6UwAEBUhg.jpg

The AAF has earned my viewership for at least 1 more day today.

So, I watched some of the San Diego/Antonio game, given that I'm sick and was just laying there anyway.

I know there are rule differences between the NFL and this league (one of the biggest is no kickoffs). But unless I was hallucinating (certainly possible), I thought I heard a penalty called for illegal formation on the defense. What the heck was that?

So, I watched some of the San Diego/Antonio game, given that I'm sick and was just laying there anyway.

I know there are rule differences between the NFL and this league (one of the biggest is no kickoffs). But unless I was hallucinating (certainly possible), I thought I heard a penalty called for illegal formation on the defense. What the heck was that?

San Diego had three of them.

7. Limited pass rush

On defense, no more than five players may rush on passing plays. No defensive player may rush from a position of more than two yards outside the widest offensive lineman and more than five yards from the line of scrimmage. The exceptions would be play-action or run-pass option plays and if the ball leaves the tackle box.

Another thing I loved that the NFL should adopt immediately, was the transparency of the reviews. They go to a split screen, and show the field ref, talking with the head review guy in the booth. It shows you exactly what they are looking at, and why, and how the head review man comes to the decision to either uphold or overturn the ruling.

I had no idea this started last night. I'm on social media daily and didn't know it started last night until this thread. It was actually on the actual broadcast network CBS and not there hard to find CBSSN?

I had no idea this started last night. I'm on social media daily and didn't know it started last night until this thread. It was actually on the actual broadcast network CBS and not there hard to find CBSSN?
Yes. It was on CBS. I tweeted about it. You aren't paying enough attention to me. ;)

Overnights:
Duke-UVA:2.3
AAF: 2.1
NBA on ABC: 2.0
Xfl produced a 9.5 it's inaugural game, then nosedived. For me, it was about the "extreme" hype, but kinda fell flat with that, and mediocre football. I was pleasantly surprised with the AAF. I'd watch again, where I didn't feel that way with the xfl.

The killer here, may be that it's only available on CBS sports app, going forward... I may pull the trigger

It was on the actual CBS. Great production value. Some games will be on CBS, some like todays will be onn CBS Sports (channel 315 if you have spectrum in Syracuse, Utica, Rome), and the NFL Network. TBS will also carry a few games. Not a big Tiki Barber fan, but he and Trent Green did a nice job. Also had Kurt Warner as a sideline reporter.

Xfl produced a 9.5 it's inaugural game, then nosedived. For me, it was about the "extreme" hype, but kinda fell flat with that, and mediocre football. I was pleasantly surprised with the AAF. I'd watch again, where I didn't feel that way with the xfl.
The game I saw part of was San Diego-San Antonio. I thought Trent Green was more than adequate as the analyst.

I think a 2.1 is a solid opening day. i think tonight will be about the same hopefully and that will so staying power for me if they can hold a 2-3 throughout the season

It just seems more like a true developmental league for the NFL, than the original XFL. No nonsense. A look into play calling, and what felt like a really quick game. Right up my Alley.

Looks like it's only on CBS sports app, or NFL Network, today, in my area. Bummer

Having bigger NFL names as part of the broadcast .. repeatedly referring to the players NFL experience, and college accolades... Nice job in trying to legitimize a developmental league, as opposed to the pro wrestling equivalent.

It just seems more like a true developmental league for the NFL, than the original XFL. No nonsense. A look into play calling, and what felt like a really quick game. Right up my Alley.

Looks like it's only on CBS sports app, or NFL Network, today, in my area. Bummer
can you not stream the game through the app? and if not you can still see the virtual game which i think is really awesome

The game I saw part of was San Diego-San Antonio. I thought Trent Green was more than adequate as the analyst.

He's Greg Gumbel's broadcast partner during the NFL season and does the Chiefs preseason games. I enjoy him - he does a solid job.

As for the league, I'm footballed out. I'll keep track of how the SU players are doing online, but it's college basketball and getting ready for baseball time for me.

He's Greg Gumbel's broadcast partner during the NFL season and does the Chiefs preseason games. I enjoy him - he does a solid job.

As for the league, I'm footballed out. I'll keep track of how the SU players are doing online, but it's college basketball and getting ready for baseball time for me.
Who knew? I'm not sure I've heard him before. At least that I knew.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom