Syracuse roster from 2007-2008 and our team now. | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse roster from 2007-2008 and our team now.

Alsacs

Living Legend
2007-2008 missed the NCAA Tournament and went 21-14
The roster was
Eric Devendorf and Andy Rautins out for the season with injuries.

Freshman Jonny Flynn
Freshman Donté Greene
Freshman Scoop Jardine
Freshman Rick Jackson
Sophomore Arinze Onuaku
Junior Kristof Ongenaet
Sophomore Paul Harris

This was our most frustrating season till this current one.

I also think this 2007-08 would destroy our team this year and that team didn’t make the NCAAT.

The roster was

Freshman Jonny Flynn
Freshman Donté Greene
Freshman Scoop Jardine
Freshman Rick Jackson
Sophomore Arinze Onuaku
Junior Kristof Ongenaet
Sophomore Paul Harris

I also think this 2007-08 would destroy our team this year and that team didn’t make the NCAAT.

I don't have a lot of faith that that cast of goofballs would score too well against 2019's zone (which isn't as good as we expected but is still strong at times). Very easy to envision Donte Greene having a 3-17 type of game where he doesn't have the sense to stop shooting long 3s.

Assuming Frank stayed in the doghouse, though, I could see Jonny Flynn making Buddy look absolutely silly.

Last edited:
The roster was

Freshman Jonny Flynn
Freshman Donté Greene
Freshman Scoop Jardine
Freshman Rick Jackson
Sophomore Arinze Onuaku
Junior Kristof Ongenaet
Sophomore Paul Harris

h0f6pas019sz.png

I feel like 16-17 and 17-18 were way more frustrating than this season. We're comfortably in the tournament at this point even if we lose the next two games. You couldn't say that about those two years.

But the talent on that team was crazy. Not sure we can say that about what's coming back next year.

I feel like 16-17 and 17-18 were way more frustrating than this season. We're comfortably in the tournament at this point even if we lose the next two games. You couldn't say that about those two years.

But the talent on that team was crazy. Not sure we can say that about what's coming back next year.
16-17 was a good offensive team that just couldn’t win on the road.
It was a stud home team it was clear as day so it wasn’t frustrating.

17-18 we played slow on purpose and honestly it was more not entertaining than frustrating.

This team and 07-08 were frustrating for me as we had expectations.

16-17 was a good offensive team that just couldn’t win on the road.
It was a stud home team it was clear as day so it wasn’t frustrating.

17-18 we played slow on purpose and honestly it was more not entertaining than frustrating.

This team and 07-08 were frustrating for me as we had expectations.

Yeah, that's a good point with respect to expectations. Genuinely thought this would be wire to wire top 15 with a chunk of the season in the top 5.

The roster was

Freshman Jonny Flynn
Freshman Donté Greene
Freshman Scoop Jardine
Freshman Rick Jackson
Sophomore Arinze Onuaku
Junior Kristof Ongenaet
Sophomore Paul Harris

At least this year we are not flashing dynasty symbols all over the place!

Last edited:

You think even if we lose next two we are definitely in?

This team is easily more frustrating than last years team. I had no expectations last season.

And as far as 2008 is concerned, we had a legit freshman class that year with two McDonald’s All Americans plus two top 75ish guys. We weren’t very good but there was reason to be optomistic. 2020 sets up to be a repeat of this year at best.

The roster was

Freshman Jonny Flynn
Freshman Donté Greene
Freshman Scoop Jardine
Freshman Rick Jackson
Sophomore Arinze Onuaku
Junior Kristof Ongenaet
Sophomore Paul Harris

Eh, without putting much thought into it, I would guess that team wins 6 or 7 out of 10. The three games that this year's team wins would all be so ugly that your eyes would likely bleed though. So nobody truly wins those games.

I wouldn't say the 07-08 team was frustrating for its result, but what led up to it. They lost a 2G off
the bench for the year before it started, their starting 2G for the year ten games in, and the previous
year's starting PG quits, no tragic loss, but he was depth. And I know the board loves to rag on
Donte for that year's shot selection, but there's no way JB went to him and said, "hey, you'll have the
green light to shoot almost 300 3s, cuz outside of you, we're not going to have anyone even remotely
considered a shooting threat on the team." You do realize, the entire TEAM made all of ten more
3s than Donte did, right? That team, once Devo hurt, ok, try, but no one had faith in a
great year. It was about preparing for the next year.

16-17 (jb high on his team) was way worse than 07-08, and this year (again, jb high on the team),
I think was moreso. last year's team had flaws due to depth and a stagnant offense. you get
everyone back, including the hurt guys, and add what you think you need to make depth not a
problem and some shooting, and they are equally as bad, as if there was no attempt to make a
better offense. none. and the defense is worse. how do you pull that off? i get howard's injury
made a difference, but he was not trae young getting hurt and coming back.

kev

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom