Syracuse shirts are everywhere... | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse shirts are everywhere...

How is it ok for them to put a picture of someone who was murdered laying in a puddle of blood on their website? That is despicable.

How is it ok for them to put a picture of someone who was murdered laying in a puddle of blood on their website? That is despicable.
Agreed. Very disrespectful to the victim and his family. Also potentially upsetting to the casual reader/viewer.

Agreed. Very disrespectful to the victim and his family. Also potentially upsetting to the casual reader/viewer.
Even with the amount we've been desensitized by TV and movies, I still clicked to that picture and felt sick. Absolutely horrifying scene.

That picture (not the one I posted, but in the same slide show) is one horrendous picture. Friends and I have been emailing about it all day. It was not in the hard copy NYT... but it has been on their website for 30 hours. Just horrid.

Yeah, I see what you mean about fully desensitized.

Could not agree more. Photo 5 in that slideshow almost just made me break out in tears without knowing the person. That's one of the most horrific things I've ever seen. Shame on the NY Times.

Whew, didn't realize it was a slideshow, i just saw the first pic of the crowd. After reading these last few posts I thought I was desensitised, glad I'm not (along with you guys) but not so glad that apparently everyone else is.

Could not agree more. Photo 5 in that slideshow almost just made me break out in tears without knowing the person. That's one of the most horrific things I've ever seen. Shame on the NY Times.

The photo of Kim Phuc being napalmed in 1972 ran on the front page of the Times ... and won a Pulitzer Prize.

The photo of Kim Phuc being napalmed in 1972 ran on the front page of the Times ... and won a Pulitzer Prize.
Do you think maybe a point was being made regarding the war?

There was no point in publishing the phote on the sidewalk.

It’s entirely appropriate!
If you elect to have a gun carrying society you cannot object when someone decides to remind you of the consequences. (I realize he wasn’t licensed to carry in NY)

I guess I've seen enough of them up close IRL but what's the big deal? it's a dead person.

I guess I've seen enough of them up close IRL but what's the big deal? it's a dead person.
If that had been you, is that something that you'd want your spouse and kids to see?

For the police and potential court purposes, you would want all pictures of the crime scene. For a leading newspaper to feature such pictures is something else.

If that had been you, is that something that you'd want your spouse and kids to see?

For the police and potential court purposes, you would want all pictures of the crime scene. For a leading newspaper to feature such pictures is something else.

I probably wouldn't care...Id be dead.

I'm not sure if they get NoK permission or whatever before they put the pics out there. If so I couldn't care less. If not then I could see some problems.