Syracuse/South Florida Preview | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse/South Florida Preview

Thanks for doing this. USF often plays with only one guard, and he (Collins, the kid with the bizarre outside shot from his chest) is a freshman. They should be extremely susceptible to a full court press. I would not be surprised if we use it within the first 5 minutes of the game and run it for extended periods during the game.

I would love to see the press out of SU this game. It would help to try and speed up the game, cause turnovers, and allow JB to put in subs. I would really like to see JB be able to use the bench. It has tightened up a little and I would like to see JB go deeper into it again.

I would love to see the press out of SU this game. It would help to try and speed up the game, cause turnovers, and allow JB to put in subs. I would really like to see JB be able to use the bench. It has tightened up a little and I would like to see JB go deeper into it again.
Hopefully Carter-Williams, Southerland and Christmas can get some good court time. I didn't realize USF struggled to score so much. In our house, I think we build a lead early and don't turn back. Can't see them keeping up with us.

Hopefully Carter-Williams, Southerland and Christmas can get some good court time. I didn't realize USF struggled to score so much. In our house, I think we build a lead early and don't turn back. Can't see them keeping up with us.

I would like to see that too. I would like to see JB have the confidence to give them some first half run. I can see how JB could tighten up, the games seem to mean more now. The BE title is in sight, a number one seed is there for the taking. You do not want to lose this game. And from the write-up the only chance USF has is in a defensive rock fight.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I'm hoping JB can find the stones to give out some time in the first half. And that there is enough of a lead that there can even be some second half depth playing. The press just may be the way to get some subs in. We'll see soon.

I would much rather see us get the first 7 guys on track than worry about expanding the bench. Focus right now should be on (1) getting Dion going (finishing at the rim, stepping his defensive intensity back up and sharing the ball), (2) getting Brandon more involved in the rotation, (3) getting Fab's effort back up (or at least not allowing his effort last game to become a trend) - seemed like he took most of last game off, and seeing if we can get something consistent out of him on offense from the post (4) keep KJo shooting at a higher percentage as he has done over the last couple of games and (5) hitting the glass a bit harder.

If we accomplish all of that then I would try to get James going.

Last two items on my list would be to find minutes for MCW and additional minutes for Rak.

While it would be nice to do all of these things, you need to devote game minutes to getting each of them done, so I am not sure that even in a perfect world they can all be accomplished.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom