Syracuse To Host 2021 ACC MBB Championship? | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse To Host 2021 ACC MBB Championship?

Has any school hosted before? I always thought these were all neutral sites for the ACC tournament. If that’s the case, I can’t imagine they’d just give us home court advantage.

I think you'll see a basketball court on the 50 yard line at Death Valley or Doak Campbell before you'll see an ACC Tournament in Syracuse.

Stole the words right out of my mouth...

Mark Packer may have crushed me on his show - Even though he disregarded our entire convo and narrowed it down to 1 tweet with no context and called me "SOME GUY" (but thats besides the point) - the ACC good ole boys aint giving nothing to Syracuse.

Has any school hosted before? I always thought these were all neutral sites for the ACC tournament. If that’s the case, I can’t imagine they’d just give us home court advantage.
With social distancing and limited fans the home court advantage is greatly reduced

In the earliest days of the ACC the Tournament was held at the NCSU arena. There was considerable concern about the advantage this gave NCSU so the tournament was moved to the Greensboro Coliseum once it opened around 1961(?). It’s not been held at a school’s home court since other than one year when WFU played its home games at the Greensboro Coliseum because its normal venue was being renovated.

In the earliest days of the ACC the Tournament was held at the NCSU arena. There was considerable concern about the advantage this gave NCSU so the tournament was moved to the Greensboro Coliseum once it opened around 1961(?). It’s not been held at a school’s home court since other than one year when WFU played its home games at the Greensboro Coliseum because its normal venue was being renovated.
Thanks for the history of the tournament. I'd counter by this: would you rather have 4K fans in DC or 10-12K fans in Syracuse?

Thanks for the history of the tournament. I'd counter by this: would you rather have 4K fans in DC or 10-12K fans in Syracuse?
I'd rather have the 4K in DC, because then it means I could go! And probably get pretty good seats at that

Reynolds Coliseum. As in R J Reynolds. There's a reason it's called Tobacco Road! :) If I am not mistaken, the whole tournament concept was Everett Case's idea.

Reynolds Coliseum. As in R J Reynolds. There's a reason it's called Tobacco Road! :) If I am not mistaken, the whole tournament concept was Everett Case's idea.
They used to shoot at peach baskets too. That doesn't mean the ACCT has to be stuck in Petticoat Junction forever. :cool:

They used to shoot at peach baskets too. That doesn't mean the ACCT has to be stuck in Petticoat Junction forever. :cool:
Brooklyn is now part of "Petticoat Junction"? Who'd a thunk it. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom