Syracuse University chancellor announces new athletics committee ... | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse University chancellor announces new athletics committee ...

I especially like the appointment of a Vice-Chancellor for Veterans and Military Affairs, a new position at Syracuse. This along with the other announcements in the press release gives me the impression that Syverud really has got his together.

I especially like the appointment of a Vice-Chancellor for Veterans and Military Affairs, a new position at Syracuse. This along with the other announcements in the press release gives me the impression that Syverud really has got his together.

Meh…that's really an empty public relations move. It's just a different title for an existing employee who created the institute.

It does highlight an area of focus for Syverud (and some on the board), though. Chancy Nancy gave the veterans' institute a lot of support toward the end of her tenure and still caught a beating for not doing enough. Syverud took notice.

Very transparent release though and a far cry from a lot of the secret moves of the prior leadership. Even if it's strictly about PR, it at least gives SU employees some insight into what's going on instead of letting the rumor mill swirl.

Nothing is more political than a university committee. So what's the real objective for the athletics oversight committee?

Also of note is that there will be a search for a new head of Advancement & External Affairs

Nothing is more political than a university committee. So what's the real objective for the athletics oversight committee?

Good bet that it involves the budget debate that has been a huge topic with the University Senate. Faculty and staff want to know why Athletics is getting money from campus and where it's going.

Will be interested to see what Burton does as faculty rep- with his background I wonder if Athletics will utilize his experience to help ticket sales/marketing, etc.

Wonder if this athletics committee has anything to do with the gross rumors.

Didn't they always have a sub-committee of trustees for athletics?I thought years ago I read there was one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom