Syracuse University football team could have a "great story" on its roster when camp opens | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse University football team could have a "great story" on its roster when camp opens

So instead of marching down the field and scoring with 10 yd receptions you'd rather us take shots down the field and lose possession? I seriously question how people think sometimes.

Apparently you also weren't at the spring game, he hit some very nice long balls.

You have to acknowledge that a big area of improvement for the offense is completing more deep balls. I'm all for more big plays, which means taking more shots. There are just as many INTs thrown from tipped balls meant to go 10 yards as there are 40 yards plus.

I agree that Nassib made some really nice throws in the spring. I hope it translates to the fall, and I'm optimistic that it will.

You have to acknowledge that a big area of improvement for the offense is completing more deep balls. I'm all for more big plays, which means taking more shots. There are just as many INTs thrown from tipped balls meant to go 10 yards as there are 40 yards plus.

I agree that Nassib made some really nice throws in the spring. I hope it translates to the fall, and I'm optimistic that it will.
Hard to take more shots when the OL can't block long enough/WR can't get open enough to do so. There's a big difference between wanting to take more shots downfield and being able to take more shots downfield. Maybe this year we can do it.

Looks like he could possibly fill the speed void created by Dorian Graham's departure. I like the film. He isn't playing against high school kids and he isn't playing against D1 kids, but he does blow by defenders, go over the middle, come back to the ball and take hits. His potential looks good.

Hard to take more shots when the OL can't block long enough/WR can't get open enough to do so. There's a big difference between wanting to take more shots downfield and being able to take more shots downfield. Maybe this year we can do it.

No doubt the OL has struggled big time in 5 and 7 step drop pass protection. But when the line has held up and given Nassib plenty of time to throw, he consistently overthrew his receivers, and not even on deep balls. 20 yard crossing routes with a guy wide open and the ball would fly 20 yards over his head. This could be attributed to a number of things, one of them being that maybe he has jitters because he knows his line can't hold for that long, so he is hurrying the pass way too much. I have no idea what it is, but improvements need to be made in this area if we want to have any shot of having a respectable offense this year.

Kid appears to have run the 400 in high school with a personal best of 49.41. Not sure what that means.

I am also not sure what that means, but that is a helluva a time for a high school 400 runner!

I am also not sure what that means, but that is a helluva a time for a high school 400 runner!

It means he can run 400 meters pretty fast.

Maybe it translates well to running a deep route, then getting back to the LOS in time for the next play so he doesn't need to be subbed out? Idk.

So instead of marching down the field and scoring with 10 yd receptions you'd rather us take shots down the field and lose possession? I seriously question how people think sometimes.

Apparently you also weren't at the spring game, he hit some very nice long balls.

I'll never understand the infatuation with the long ball. It's low percentage and I'm perfectly fine with winning on singles and doubles over the homerun.

However, we do need to complete some to get the safeties out of the box to open up the middle/underneath of the field. Keep them from coming downhill on our running game to.

I'll never understand the infatuation with the long ball. It's low percentage and I'm perfectly fine with winning on singles and doubles over the homerun.

However, we do need to complete some to get the safeties out of the box to open up the middle/underneath of the field. Keep them from coming downhill on our running game to.

A 20 yard slant is not what I'd consider a long ball though. Nassib has difficulty completing that pass. Don't get me wrong, I think Nassib is the best qb we've had on the Hill in a while. He needs to hit open receivers down the field if he wants to open the field up a little bit. 5 yard dumpoffs and the running game are gonna get us nowhere when other teams have 9 guys at the line of scrimmage because they know we can't complete a pass downfield.