Syracuse University football team could have a "great story" on its roster when camp opens | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse University football team could have a "great story" on its roster when camp opens

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
“We didn’t recruit him out of high school,” Mojarro said. “He ran track at Dorsey High School (in Los Angeles), a school that produces some pretty good Division I talent. He came out with a couple of kids we had recruited from there and was kind of like their ball boy, running around carrying their pads and stuff. Out of necessity we needed another wide receiver for our scout team and we knew he had run track and played a little football in high school.”

“He is a 4.3 (second) 40 guy,” Mojarro said. “A legitimate 4.3. He runs the 100 in the low 10s. And he knows how to control his speed. He runs crisp routes and can really accelerate out of the break. I’m telling you, he is really fast.”

Rahme

Who are we talking about here? Cliff notes are helpful for us lazy peeps.

Who are we talking about here? Cliff notes are helpful for us lazy peeps.
It's in the linky thingy at the bottom of Whitey's post. Christopher Clark, the new JUCO WR from CA. Are you so lazy you can't click on a link?

"Coach Adkins sent out the call (for wideouts)..."

Interesting statement. I wonder how widespread of a "call" it was. Talk about turning over ever rock to find a player.

Speed is good.

"Coach Adkins sent out the call (for wideouts)..."

Interesting statement. I wonder how widespread of a "call" it was. Talk about turning over ever rock to find a player.

Speed is good.

Not good news that they had to send a call out, tells me one of the two maybe out for the season which has been a rumor since the spring. The good news is the staff was proactive and we needed another body for the WR position regardless so this may end up being a blessing in disguise.

2 freshman coming in and no recruits committed for next year. Hope we can nab a quality recruit or 2. Makes you nervous about the development/injuries of the sophmores and juniors.

Not good news that they had to send a call out, tells me one of the two maybe out for the season which has been a rumor since the spring. The good news is the staff was proactive and we needed another body for the WR position regardless so this may end up being a blessing in disguise.

...only bad news if the kid isn't any good.

...let's get him on campus and tether him to the JUGS machine...

West looked ok in one of those twitter photos - at least no 'lower body injuries' but who knows if his wrist or should is mucked up.

I still think they end up moving Broyld to WR and definitely think both AC and Ben Lewis will see time this season.

Clark does appear to have soft hands in the video.

Depth Chart

Marcus Sales 6-0 183 R-SR
Alec Lemon 6-2 202 SR (has redshirt available)
Adrian Flemming 6-3 196 JR (has redshirt available)
Jarrod West 6-2 204 R-SO
Jeremiah Kobena 5-11 180 SO
Kyle Foster 6-3 207 SO
Keenan Hale 6-2 185 R-FR
Alvin Corenlius 6-2 190 FR
Ben Lewis 6-3 195 FR

Chris Clark

Kid appears to have run the 400 in high school with a personal best of 49.41. Not sure what that means.

Here's what concerns me...

Depth Chart

Marcus Sales 6-0 183 R-SR - Hasn't played in over a year
Alec Lemon 6-2 202 SR (has redshirt available) - Coming off surgery
Adrian Flemming 6-3 196 JR (has redshirt available)
Jarrod West 6-2 204 R-SO - Hurt?
Jeremiah Kobena 5-11 180 SO
Kyle Foster 6-3 207 SO - Out for season with blown out knee
Keenan Hale 6-2 185 R-FR
Alvin Corenlius 6-2 190 FR - True frosh, never played a down of college football
Ben Lewis 6-3 195 FR - Ditto

Given all that red type, I'd say putting out a call for WRs was a pretty good idea by our coaching staff.

I'm not sure sure Clark's addition is a red flag indicating a bunch of injuries to our wr's. What it does is allow for guys like AC and Lewis to possibly redshirt because a kid with supposed speed like Clark can contribute to specials easily.

There is no need to run guys like Hale and Kobena put on coverage teams in order to risk injury to our receivers.

I like the pick up if for nothing than depth. Our specials have struggled in coverage for years due to lack of depth and lack of speed. Clark helps both immediately. Less walkons more schools players covering kickoffs is a good thing.

I'm not sure sure Clark's addition is a red flag indicating a bunch of injuries to our wr's. What it does is allow for guys like AC and Lewis to possibly redshirt because a kid with supposed speed like Clark can contribute to specials easily.

There is no need to run guys like Hale and Kobena put on coverage teams in order to risk injury to our receivers.

I like the pick up if for nothing than depth. Our specials have struggled in coverage for years due to lack of depth and lack of speed. Clark helps both immediately. Less walkons more schools players covering kickoffs is a good thing.

Agree 100%, I posted almost the same thing on the recruiting board yesterday. I loved the pickup regardless, the WR position needs depth and playmakers, with any luck we can get some out of Clark.

“We didn’t recruit him out of high school,” Mojarro said. “He ran track at Dorsey High School (in Los Angeles), a school that produces some pretty good Division I talent. He came out with a couple of kids we had recruited from there and was kind of like their ball boy, running around carrying their pads and stuff. Out of necessity we needed another wide receiver for our scout team and we knew he had run track and played a little football in high school.”

“He is a 4.3 (second) 40 guy,” Mojarro said. “A legitimate 4.3. He runs the 100 in the low 10s. And he knows how to control his speed. He runs crisp routes and can really accelerate out of the break. I’m telling you, he is really fast.”

Rahme
He has the markings and appearance of a big play long ball threat WR, but it has been so long since I have seen one, I am not sure if I can trust my eyes.

If he is legit, it could change everything. If defenses are forced to respect our WRs and passing game, and not play 9 men in the box, we could be, dare I say, effective on offense. Sales and Lemon are a great start but the big time speedster that forces the safeties to stay back is a real need.

The problem is we can't handle any more injuries and practice has not even begun. It sure looks like AB will be catching some football this year,

If nothing else, gives a speed threat when they want to go 4 verticles. Also lights a fire under Kobena. Another option if they want to add a jet sweep series to their spread package.

It doesn't matter how many deep threats we have if Nassib continues to overthrow wide open receivers down the field. I hope he has been working in the offseason on putting a little touch on the ball when necessary.

It doesn't matter how many deep threats we have if Nassib continues to overthrow wide open receivers down the field. I hope he has been working in the offseason on putting a little touch on the ball when necessary.
I just don't get it with Nassib. He is accurate from the pocket or on the run but down-field he isn't even close. He misses guys by a wide margin. I would trade a few more interceptions for more big plays.

I think our WR crew will be a strength this season...certainly better than last year.

Tether him to a JUGGS magazine? What?
I think he means get him work catching footballs.

football_passing_machineS.jpg

I just don't get it with Nassib. He is accurate from the pocket or on the run but down-field he isn't even close. He misses guys by a wide margin. I would trade a few more interceptions for more big plays.
So instead of marching down the field and scoring with 10 yd receptions you'd rather us take shots down the field and lose possession? I seriously question how people think sometimes.

Apparently you also weren't at the spring game, he hit some very nice long balls.