syracuse - Vill Hype | Syracusefan.com

syracuse - Vill Hype

upperdeck

Living Legend
has there been any marketing push for this game? Not much on the news about it. It might end up the 2nd biggest game in the dome this year, old BE rivals and all.

No special t-shirts, no push to get the big crowd, no hype on the news/radio? I know its the xmas season and the kids are gone home but 30K for a non conf game should be a big deal..

how often have we had this big a crowd for a non league game?

I'll say this, the ESPN hype machine must be driving the Villanova bandwagon.

has there been any marketing push for this game? Not much on the news about it. It might end up the 2nd biggest game in the dome this year, old BE rivals and all.

No special t-shirts, no push to get the big crowd, no hype on the news/radio? I know its the xmas season and the kids are gone home but 30K for a non conf game should be a big deal..

I'm as up for the game as anyone.
And I'm glad we're playing Nova.
But what news hype?
We're both undefeated...but it's still DECEMBER.

And conference schmonference.
It's Villanova.
We've been playing forever.
I hope the series continues.
I respect Jay Wright and the program and I expect a tough game.

Now...why is G-town hiding?
How come St. John's and Villanova will play us and they're stalling?
What's Mr. Potatohead afraid of???

SCHEDULE G-TOWN
Keep hate alive!

Oh...and I HATE most of those special t-shirts when certain teams come to town.
They make us look like some low-level upstart team.
Aren't we supposed to be an elite program?
Let's act like it.

You think they're making up special "Beat 'Cuse" t-shirts in Durham or Chapel Hill? Or even Charlottesville or Clemson?

Oh...and I HATE most of those special t-shirts when certain teams come to town.
They make us look like some low-level upstart team.
Aren't we supposed to be an elite program?
Let's act like it.

You think they're making up special "Beat 'Cuse" t-shirts in Durham or Chapel Hill? Or even Charlottesville or Clemson?

probably

the goal is to hype the game and sell tickets. t-shirts hook the more casual fan, getting stories on the news sells tickets, creating promotions sells tickets. this is a big game and its creeping over 30K and there is no energy about it..

Saturday after Christmas, a lot of people have other things on their mind. But believe me JB and the team have Nova very much on their mind.

But what news hype?

It's Villanova.

SCHEDULE G-TOWN
Keep hate alive!
what terms did we offer them?

By 'Vill' you must have mean games next year with Louisville because they are a better program than Nova which is a gimmick team that will not win the NC.

All I know is this...Dante Cunningham will not be walking through that door.

All I know is this...Dante Cunningham will not be walking through that door.

Nor my fellow drunks Charlie Sheen(thumps up to him though), Kim Kardashian, and Joe Biden.

This isn't necessarily "local" hype for the game which is probably what this thread is about, but there was a very good article on CBSSports.com the other day (may still be there). They were previewing the Kentucky/Louisville matchup and then went on to say something like "However, the best matchup may be the Syracuse/Villanova tilt considering where the two teams are ranked". Then they added "By the way, we have both games back to back on CBS".

I had this Nova game tagged from the start of the year. They always play us tough in the dome and we will need to be at the top of our game to win this one. I don't believe the Wildcats are a very big team, but they seem to do very well rebounding. Could be whoever wins the rebounding margin comes out on top in this one.

But what news hype?

It's Villanova.

SCHEDULE G-TOWN
Keep hate alive!

Is this a poem?

first thread I've seen on here with someone complaining about a lack of a stupid game related t-shirt

i thought vill hype was a new recruit or something.

anyone know if upperdeck got an orange tshirt yesterday or is he still hoping 1 comes with his $20 binocular view seat???

i would imagine attendence will be fine, nova doesnt need marketing to get people there. 26k-ish

a lot of people saved $$ by not going to football games this fall.

first thread I've seen on here with someone complaining about a lack of a stupid game related t-shirt
the people who sit in the last 7-10K of seats can barely see the game.. they need some reason to go.. the hype of a big crowd, the push to be part of full house, the buzz of a sell out. the t-shirts build the buzz around town. talk to the high school kids, when those shirts come out the kids want them. its like cheap under-armour.

shouldnt the school be trying to max out the crowd for every game? they wait until the last minute for promotions, this going to be a big crowd but they have done nothing to make it bigger..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom