SYRACUSE vs. DUKE Panorama | Syracusefan.com

SYRACUSE vs. DUKE Panorama

JarHeadJim

I have never won sheet!
dome.jpg

I absolutely love these types of panoramic stadium pics - I have framed ones from 2010 Nova hoops and 1994 Miami football.

And there's my April birthday present! Just emailed my daughter the link. She got me the Nova one and it is up in my tv room, along with the panorama of the NYC skylite pre-911.

29 for the print, 89 for it framed. Rip off. Buy the print and do the framing yourself.

LOL are you kidding? Framing is one of the biggest rackets going. For a print that oddly shaped you are going custom. A nice frame and matte is going to cost you a minimum of $200 for that thing.

29 for the print, 89 for it framed. Rip off. Buy the print and do the framing yourself.

I don't know - have you ever priced custom framing (which this looks like it would need because it's not a normal size print)?
We have some prints that we ended up paying more for the custom frame than the print itself.

LOL are you kidding? Framing is one of the biggest rackets going. For a print that oddly shaped you are going custom. A nice frame and matte is going to cost you a minimum of $200 for that thing.

Perhaps I spoke too soon, I'm not that well versed in custom framing prices. $200 though, really?

Perhaps I spoke too soon, I'm not that well versed in custom framing prices. $200 though, really?

Dude it is worse than window curtains in the absurdly costly for seemingly no reason category. I paid over $700 to have one item that was maybe 48" x 48" framed and matted. Have been quoted well over $1000 for several items. And this is your local strip mall type place not gold leaf!!

Yeah, it really can run that high or higher, easily.
It's the custom cut glass I think that really costs money.
$200 for the deluxe frame with the orange matting from this site is actually fairly reasonable (and it looks so much better that way than without the matting and the thin black aluminum frame).

take it from experience you also want to dry mount it. My 2013 panorama has a wave it in (though since it's the Hoya nightmare I might trash it now anyway and replace).

take it from experience you also want to dry mount it. My 2013 panorama has a wave it in (though since it's the Hoya nightmare I might trash it now anyway and replace).
In the past I did a couple things dry mount and not framed. It's very inexpensive and was good for what I needed it for. I personally wouldn't do this and not frame it but if you are looking for an inexpensive option definitely dry mount only would be the way to go.

And there's my April birthday present! Just emailed my daughter the link. She got me the Nova one and it is up in my tv room, along with the panorama of the NYC skylite pre-911.
I have those same 2 panorama's. Lol

Yeah, it really can run that high or higher, easily.
It's the custom cut glass I think that really costs money.
$200 for the deluxe frame with the orange matting from this site is actually fairly reasonable (and it looks so much better that way than without the matting and the thin black aluminum frame).

Black aluminum frame with tempered glass, and at 13.5x40 puts it into an oversized custom piece. Those are very high quality materials that you won't find that locally for even close to that price. You could maybe get the same price, or even a little less with much lower quality materials (wood, plexi, plastic, compressed cardboard, etc...)

I just buy a frame at Michaels and throw it in. Not looking for it to be professionally done

I just buy a frame at Michaels and throw it in. Not looking for it to be professionally done

Good luck finding a standard frame at Michaels that will fit a 40"x13.5" print though.
Most of their frames are for standard poster sizes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom