Syracuse vs NC State Replay on ACCN Tonight Starting at 8 PM | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs NC State Replay on ACCN Tonight Starting at 8 PM

Watching for a second time. NC State played dirty. Lots of cheap and evil stuff after the whistle from their center (50). I'm pretty sure the injuries to Mikel and Lowery that happened back to back were 50 taking shots at guys.

11 took a cheap shot on Tucker in the first, driving a flying knee into his helmet after he was down. How that's not reviewed for targeting is a failure by the refs.

The non-call on the PI against Alford in the 1st was criminal.

Gadsden got away with a push off on the 1st touchdown.

Crowd sounds good on tv. Wish they'd stop messing with the volume, i don't need to hear Hasselbeck lol.

Watching for a second time. NC State played dirty. Lots of cheap and evil stuff after the whistle from their center (50). I'm pretty sure the injuries to Mikel and Lowery that happened back to back were 50 taking shots at guys.

11 took a cheap shot on Tucker in the first, driving a flying knee into his helmet after he was down. How that's not reviewed for targeting is a failure by the refs.

Your never getting that PI call on Alford if the receiver has no idea where the ball is and never makes a play on it. Good no call, I’d be furious if they called PI on us in the same situation.

I’m convinced some guys can just get away with pushing off. Steve Ishmael is another guy who got away with it quite a bit

Will it be on another time too? Or is it a one time thing?

I might need to mute the game. Listening to Hasslback is painful.

Your never getting that PI call on Alford if the receiver has no idea where the ball is and never makes a play on it. Good no call, I’d be furious if they called PI on us in the same situation.
i was more thing a hit on defenceless wr since there was no ball around him

Looked to me like the reason they didn't call it was that they ruled the ball was unmatchable. That may be the case. But the contact was way early and sufficient to send Alford careening to the turf, hence his lack of apparent awareness of the ball. So you can just deck someone before the ball is near them? I'll allow it.

I’m convinced some guys can just get away with pushing off. Steve Ishmael is another guy who got away with it quite a bit
I think if the contact is low, like around the waist or midsection and not overly forceful, like there is no sudden motion or full extension of the arm, they are much less likely to call it.

On the 1st int, the no call on offsides, seems like the end jumps into the neutral zone, albeit barely. The kicker is he never resets, he says in the same position and it looks clear to me that both his hand and his helmet are over the ball. I agree it's close but looks pretty clearly offside.

Wait till you guys get to Hassleback’s comments when Tucker scores with 2:20 to go. Moronic

Two things I noticed.

Gadsen moves a fraction of a second before the snap on his second TD. Replayed it in slow motion. Barely, but he’s early. We got a little lucky.

Isaiah Johnson did not fall down on the hold. He was clearly yanked by the NCState blocker. Good call.

Last edited:
On the 1st int, the no call on offsides, seems like the end jumps into the neutral zone, albeit barely. The kicker is he never resets, he says in the same position and it looks clear to me that both his hand and his helmet are over the ball. I agree it's close but looks pretty clearly offside.
Yeah agree. People were talking about the DT but it was the DE who jumped 100 percent.

Two things I noticed.

Gadsen moves a fraction of a second before the snap on his second TD. Replayed it in slow motion. Barely, but he’s early. We got a little lucky.

Isaiah Johnson did not fall down on the hold. He was clearly yanked by the NCState blocker. Good call.
I see it a few times a game, A player moves just that one tenth of a second early but nothing is called. Edge rushers get caught because refs are watching them closer. Gadsden also absolutely pushed off on my the first TD as before mentioned, all the really good wrs are good at the subtle push off. The no call on the hit on Tucker was criminal.

Courtney Jackson feels like he has taken a step backwards this season. Not sure if it's the change in offense or what but he is definitely having a tough season.
I said this in another thread a while ago but he just doesn't look comfortable playing on the outside. He's better suited to exploiting zone coverages and underneath routes. I would move Jackson back inside and give Hatcher the reps on the outside. I don't think Hatcher is quite ready for that big of a role, but he's a dynamic talent and would benefit from the reps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom