Syracuse vs. St. John's Game Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs. St. John's Game Thread

I guess are season is over, just like Florida, and UCONN.

If this season is a rebuilding year, or better term transition year. This board will be insufferable.
Seasons definitely not over but we already have 3 losses and see the following:

PG: Awful
SG: Awful
3 point defense: Awful
Ability to close out a game: Awful
3 point shooting: Awful

That's a lot of issues.

9-16 for three vs 3-22 theres your stat of the day. Take note..
Stats like these or the 17-7 turnover margin against michigan, don't point to us being a bad team. just a team that needs improvment.

Gbinije played well today 2nd game in a row a good sign.

Somehow over the years JB has turned into a coach that stresses defense. He can't figure it out.
Is this what it looks like when a HOF coach starts to get run out of town? I feel like these issues along with underperforming in the tourney have been bubbling under the surface for a while. Nevermind Hopkins won't wait around forever...or will he? Also, next year we will be bringing in a top recruiting class that could very well make JB look like a boss again. However, this year could be rough if everyone doesn't grow up real quick.

everyone in syracuse wants a title not a final four, jb has done great over the last 8 years any anti jb posts are just funny.

Is this what it looks like when a HOF coach starts to get run out of town? I feel like these issues along with underperforming in the tourney have been bubbling under the surface for a while. Nevermind Hopkins won't wait around forever...or will he? Also, next year we will be bringing in a top recruiting class that could very well make JB look like a boss again. However, this year could be rough if everyone doesn't grow up real quick.
He's not getting run out of town. He couldn't figure out how to get us going offensively at the end of last year, and there is more of the same this year. Good defense and lousy offense doesn't win most of the time.

Teams hit late jumpers. we haven't in two years, thats up to the players. You got someone like harrison and phil green, 4-8 and 4-6 from 3. thats valuing the ball and making your shots late.

He's not getting run out of town. He couldn't figure out how to get us going offensively last year, and there is more of the same this year. Good defense and lousy offense doesn't win most of the time.
I'm saying maybe it's time for a change, maybe it isn't. Is it our coaching or players. The coaches also bring in the players. Clearly we've addressed the shooting woes with this next recruiting class but we have seen some of the worst offense ever these past years. Even the Final 4 team couldn't shoot aside from Southerland and our offense was inept. We just happened to play some of the best defense even seen in CBB.

and what if dion waiters mcw tyler ennis jerami grant, fab melo(if he could stay elgible) came back another year? this happens, players leave early, and guys like bj, southerland gbinije, cooney, joseph, roberson take time to develop.

All I can say to syracuse is fill your roster.

Its part of the game of college ball players come players go, and when you think you have something great someone jumps to the nba or someone isn't ready to play yet.

Losing at michigan but playing them tough was a good thing there are years I would have been really afraid to go there. Losing to a senior st johns team in a tough game at home isn't a bad loss.

Personally I think another 16-32 teams should be added to the tournament.

Last edited:
It begins with guard play, and right now, none of the guards on this team are playing well enough to be in the lineup. Until this team has guards who can go out, and present a problem to opposing defenses, we will be a bad team. The last time a JB team lost 4 games OOC before the NCAA or NIT tournament was 1981-1982, when we were 16-13.

G deserves some credit today, 6-10 13 pts 5 assists 5 boards, hes like our 3rd guard. Not bad.

Cooney is not taking chances this year, yet outside of michigan, I think that will change as reality sets in for our guards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom