Syracuse wins back one scholarship per year in NCAA appeal, still must vacate wins | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse wins back one scholarship per year in NCAA appeal, still must vacate wins

so is the ncaa going to wait until the night before to rule on JB's suspension appeal?

I fart in the NCAA's general general direction.

At some point do they tell us which wins get vacated?

Anyway, we all know how many JB actually has.
Otto, my crystal ball, which is never wrong, tells me they will vacate only wins vs. Georgetown and Uconn. They will further state their ruling is w/o malice or prejudice. ' them.

Bilas asks why there's not a simultaneous decision on JB.

the idea of vacating wins is dumb.

I think they basically try to do that to punish the guy in charge. In this instance it seems narrow-minded and short-sighted but, hey, it's the ncaa. What are you going to do. For the fans, though, who cares? They could vacate all 900 and it doesn't do a thing.

The scholarship will help and hopefully can be used to get a big next year. Thompson or someone else.

Also getting $1.23 million back because the NCAA miscalculated the fine.

JB may get some wins returned in the future based on his appeal.

Would have been nice to see JB's suspension to be more in line with Larry Brown's.

How on earth do you have a "miscalculation", if you even want to call it that, of $1.23 million?

That is better known as a scam.

Again, F you NCAA.

Well, isn't that special?

They will give the wins back eventually after JB retires. They can't reinstate Joe Pa's wins and not do it for everyone else.

This is huge. But those morons in the NCAA should give us credit for going down three this year, and therefore let us only go down one scholarship in year 4. We get no credit for complying in full with the clearly erroneous original decision.

Gonna make a prediction. If the results of JB's appeal are not satisfactory to him, and/or still imposes a suspension - JB says FU to the NCAA - the Hopkins era starts now. With presser to follow.

This is huge. But those morons in the NCAA should give us credit for going down three this year, and therefore let us only go down one scholarship in year 4. We get no credit for complying in full with the clearly erroneous original decision.
I've been wondering about this too. How the clock starts. Can we give the ship to Christian White for this year?

Why wouldn't we get credit for this year?

Gonna make a prediction. If the results of JB's appeal are not satisfactory to him, and/or still imposes a suspension - JB says FU to the NCAA - the Hopkins era starts now. With presser to follow.
JB would never quit in the middle of his mess.

SO many questions.
My understanding was. We had kids that already were aready on campus not recruits do odd jobs at the ymca.
Was it a recuiting violation or a already here violation? Were they given money or did they work for it. what year were they freshmen/soph/jr. How much money was in play?
If your going to penalize us worse then any other recruiting violation ever I would think it should have been alittle more detailed maybe.

How does this compare to other ncaa penalties?
4 years is a long time. Yet they didn't include last year.
Why can't we use the minus one scholoroship this year meanwhile walkon seniors are getting screwed.
Is there a link to a more detailed report of this?

this was stated in the article.
As for the penalties delivered to the school, the 12 scholarships taken away over four years from Syracuse was the heaviest scholarship penalty ever delivered to a basketball program. So now we are the second worst then clear cut? Worse then alot of other ones in the past? What are they going to change the harshness next year for unc and Louisvilles benefit, but we can't reappeal. I don't get it.

Is this reduction worse then penn states by comparison?
As others said wins vacated but they can't even give the year.
Not saying I want to know the awnser to these questions but they make us sound like were the worst ever, and 3 more seasons after this of scholorship reductions is a long time.
Just tired of getting pushed around.

Last edited:
SO many questions.
My understanding was. We had kids that already were aready on campus not recruits do odd jobs at the ymca.
Was it a recuiting violation or a already here violation? Were they given money or did they work for it. what year were they freshmen/soph/jr. How much money was in play?

The kids working at the YMCA were football players.

Nothing to do with the sanctions against the basketball team.

Taurean Thompson, you have a call from Jim Boeheim on Line 1 - please pick up the Orange courtesy phone.

Why wouldn't we get credit for this year?

We would, I think he's saying we essentially went down one more than we had to because of the appeal, so we should pick up another one along the line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom