Syracuse women ACCT game on TV right now... | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse women ACCT game on TV right now...

cto

Administrator
Orange Women playing Wake Forest. Tie game in middle of first half. It's on MSG+ in NYC area. SU, the 5th seed, had just missed getting a double bye.

Last edited:
Game also on NESN, for those of you in New England

Wake on 11-0 run to take a 9 point lead with 10 to go.

Wake is awful. Q really is a terrible coach.

Wake on 11-0 run to take a 9 point lead with 10 to go.

Wake is awful. Q really is a terrible coach.
UGGHHH! How do they lose this game???? Butler 4-18. She's had a horrible time shooting for some time now.

This team seems to play to the level of their opponent.

Q has done a nice job with the program, but he can't seem to get over the hump.

terrible loss. probably dropped us at least 4 lines on Selection Day.
1 and done looms.

That said, Q has brought us from a joke to a consistent bubble team at worst. Nice job...

Q needs to go. Consistent bubble team doesn't mean anything in women's basketball where there are only 4 good teams and everyone else. But if you are going to be among the top of the everyone else bracket, at least win more than 1 in 10 games against the top teams in that group.

Q almost never wins games against better opponents and still manages to lose games that there is no way they should lose. He can't get over the hump because he is a horrible coach. But in the end what does it matter as SU will never be in the top grouping so the best it can aspire to be is one of those final eight teams that lose by 40 to UConn or another top 4 team.

So typical. Not that it matters that much. The ACC winner will probably be ND who would only lose to UConn by 20 unlike the 40 that just about every other top 4 seed team will. It's like men's BB circa 1970 when there was UCLA and maybe 3-4 lessor teams and then everyone else.

UGGHHH! How do they lose this game???? Butler 4-18. She's had a horrible time shooting for some time now.

She has and all Q tells her is keep shooting 3s. I felt bad watching the game today because she's a better player and I wish they would run something to get her looks closer to the basket to get going. Great recruiter, but just awful when it comes to in-game strategy and adjustments.

I agree and have agreed for 2 years now that Q is a good recruiter but poor coach. When will the AD do something about it?

The women have also lost 2 key players to torn ACLs this season. Brittney Sykes, who was expected to be able to come back in January, and re-injured her ACL in the 2nd game back, and just last week Diamond Henderson, who was the team's 3rd leading scorer tore her ACL. Just like the men's team, tough with these type of injuries. I think they can make a run in the NCAA. They almost came back in a frenzy at the end of this game.

orange79 said:
For a guy who has had his team ranked in the Top 25, that seems a bit hyperbolic to me.

He really is awful.

I've been shouting here for years for Gross to hire Shea Ralph from UConn. Former all American who played for Geno and an assistant under him for years. And honestly, if we want to be successful in women's basketball we should emulate that program.

The best period in our history gave us one trip to the round of 32. Pathetic.

For a guy who has had his team ranked in the Top 25, that seems a bit hyperbolic to me.

Recruiting and in-game coaching are two totally different things. He's a heck of a recruiter, but he struggles in games. Today was another example. No offense to Slim, but there is no reason for her to start.