Syracusefan.com Fantasy Football league | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com Fantasy Football league

is there a draft date set? Would be interested in doing the league if I can make the draft.

Quick Reminder:

League #2 drafts at 10 PM tonight.

League #1 drafts at 11 PM Wednesday night.

Looking for some general fantasy advice. In my work league, we get two keepers. To keep them you give up a draft pick two rounds higher than where they were drafted (12 team, 16 round draft). Undrafted free agents cost a 15th round pick.

I've got Aaron Rodgers locked up for awhile (grabbed him in the 15th round his first year as a starter), so that's one keeper. My question is who would you keep out of these:

Jordy Nelson - cost = 5th round pick
AJ Green - cost = 7th round pick
Eric Decker - cost = 15th round pick
JaQuizz Rodgers - cost = 15th round pick
Toby Gerhart - cost = 14th round pick
Evan Royster - cost = 15th round pick

Those are really the only ones I'm considering. I'm leaning toward Green but afraid of the sophomore slump WRs tend to have. Quizz intrigues me because as soon as Turner breaks down, he's the man in ATL (and remember, this is a long running league so I'd have him locked up for years).

Thoughts?

Looking for some general fantasy advice. In my work league, we get two keepers. To keep them you give up a draft pick two rounds higher than where they were drafted (12 team, 16 round draft). Undrafted free agents cost a 15th round pick.

I've got Aaron Rodgers locked up for awhile (grabbed him in the 15th round his first year as a starter), so that's one keeper. My question is who would you keep out of these:

Those are really the only ones I'm considering. I'm leaning toward Green but afraid of the sophomore slump WRs tend to have. Quizz intrigues me because as soon as Turner breaks down, he's the man in ATL (and remember, this is a long running league so I'd have him locked up for years).

Thoughts?

Never keep a Shanahan RB. :D
Decker is injury prone, but could go nuts with Manning.
Nelson, Rodgers or Green would be OK.

Thoughts?

Does the price to keep a player move up each year, or no? Would you get to keep AJ Green perpetually for a 7th round pick, or does it go up a few rounds each year? If it stays at a 7th round pick, i think I'm going with AJ Green. Rodgers is an intriguing guy, but A) Turner hasn't lost the job yet, and B) he's so small I'd wonder if he could stand up to the pounding of being an every down back. (And I know if MoJo was reading that last sentence he'd laugh at me, but still).

Green is probably going to be a stud WR for years to come. I'd take the surer thing.

It does go up. So this year I kept Green for a 7th rounder, and next year it'd be a 5th rounder.

I went with Green, ultimately. And I freaking love my team that I drafted, which I'll put here because why not?

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Matt Cassel
RB: Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Ben Tate, Isaiah Pead
WR: AJ Green, Jeremy Maclin, Torrey Smith, Mike Williams, Kendall Wright
TE: Aaron Hernandez, Coby Fleener
K: Alex Henery
D/ST: Denver

I'm pissed that I didn't get my boy Eric Decker, and I missed out on the handcuffs for both of my starters. I still like my team considering I was picking 11th in a 12 team league.

I've been trying to get Tate in all of my drafts. Feels weird rooting for a guy to get hurt, but if Foster goes down, Tate is like a top 5 or 7 back, right? I really like Forte; he doesn't even need TD's to be a top 10ish back.

Only thing I'd say is if i had Rodgers I may not even draft another QB.

Yeah, I just wanted to grab someone like Cassel (who I don't particularly like) because if, god forbid, anything happens to Rodgers I need a somewhat competent QB to plug in, rather than scrambling to get someone like John Skelton. I wanted to grab Russell Wilson today but someone already snagged him.

It does go up. So this year I kept Green for a 7th rounder, and next year it'd be a 5th rounder.

I went with Green, ultimately. And I freaking love my team that I drafted, which I'll put here because why not?

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Matt Cassel
RB: Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Ben Tate, Isaiah Pead
WR: AJ Green, Jeremy Maclin, Torrey Smith, Mike Williams, Kendall Wright
TE: Aaron Hernandez, Coby Fleener
K: Alex Henery
D/ST: Denver

I'm pissed that I didn't get my boy Eric Decker, and I missed out on the handcuffs for both of my starters. I still like my team considering I was picking 11th in a 12 team league.
How'd you end up with that team? Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, if Rodgers gets hurt, I might rather just go with whoever their backup QB is (Graham Harrell, right?)

Easy for me to say this when it isn't my team, of course...

Honestly, if Rodgers gets hurt, I might rather just go with whoever their backup QB is (Graham Harrell, right?)

Easy for me to say this when it isn't my team, of course...

I'd be weary of that. Harrell hasn't looked very good when he's played. Packers fans are actually a bit nervous about it, since Rodgers does have a concussion history.

I'd be weary of that. Harrell hasn't looked very good when he's played. Packers fans are actually a bit nervous about it, since Rodgers does have a concussion history.

Ha, I'd be EXTREMELY wary of that. Like I said, easier to do it when it's not my team.

But if Rodgers goes down, there's a very good chance that his team is screwed. It might be crazy, but I'd think Rodgers backup, in his system, with his weapons, would have a better chance of coming close to the Rodgers stats than Matt Cassell. Of course the most likely scenario is that neither guy (Cassell or Harrell) comes close to his numbers. I'd feel a lot better about it if it was Flynn still backing him up.

Since we're sharing Fantasy Football rosters, I want to share my Keeper league I play in. $100 per team, 10 team league with traditional scoring. I had both Matt Stafford and Aaron Rodgers on my team, and was considering keeping both of them until I was offered a trade 6 days before the draft. Aaron Rodgers for Jamal Charles, I countered with Aaron Rodgers for Ray Rice. He accepted, which meant my keepers were Stafford and Ray Rice. (In our league, You can keep a max of 2 keepers, if you keep 1, you lose your 1st round pick; if you keep both you lose your 1st and 2nd).

I was drafting from the 6th spot. Here is my team:

Ray Rice
Matt Stafford
Rob Gronkowski
Brandon Marshall
Reggie Bush
Willis McGahee
Antonio Brown
Desean Jackson
Michael Bush
Kenny Britt
Titus Young
Randy Moss
Josh Freeman
Kellen Winslow
Lions D/ST
Matt Prater

I love my team, I am looking forward to winning some money.

Since we're sharing Fantasy Football rosters, I want to share my Keeper league I play in. $100 per team, 10 team league with traditional scoring. I had both Matt Stafford and Aaron Rodgers on my team, and was considering keeping both of them until I was offered a trade 6 days before the draft. Aaron Rodgers for Jamal Charles, I countered with Aaron Rodgers for Ray Rice. He accepted, which meant my keepers were Stafford and Ray Rice. (In our league, You can keep a max of 2 keepers, if you keep 1, you lose your 1st round pick; if you keep both you lose your 1st and 2nd).

I was drafting from the 6th spot. Here is my team:

Ray Rice
Matt Stafford
Rob Gronkowski
Brandon Marshall
Reggie Bush
Willis McGahee
Antonio Brown
Desean Jackson
Michael Bush
Kenny Britt
Titus Young
Randy Moss
Josh Freeman
Kellen Winslow
Lions D/ST
Matt Prater

I love my team, I am looking forward to winning some money.

That's a great team. I might be a bit wary about your #2 RB situation because I'm not all in on Reggie Bush having a second great season, but if he does, you should have a solid shot to win it.

That's a great team. I might be a bit wary about your #2 RB situation because I'm not all in on Reggie Bush having a second great season, but if he does, you should have a solid shot to win it.

Agree. I'll play that spot based on matchup. We have the option of playing a #2 RB or a #3 WR. There will be times I'll go 3 wideouts and times i'll go 2 RBs.

Well ... we only had 3 teams signed up for league #3. :(

Maybe next year.