Syracusefan.com Yahoo Pick'em Groups | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com Yahoo Pick'em Groups

TDTOrange

Starter
I've renewed the pick'em groups that I started last year on yahoo, so anyone that was in it should have gotten the group information. Anyone else that wants to join in, feel free.

Here are the groups and passwords:
College Pick'em - pick all top 25 and ACC games against the spread.
Group ID: 2828
Password: hardnosed

Pro Pick'em - pick all games against the spread, continues through playoffs:
Group ID: 10374
Password: hardnosed

Any suggestions for prizes other than bragging rights are always welcome, but trash talk should be considered mandatory.

Just signed up again.

Now that I realize up front it's against the spread (instead of figuring out half way through) I'm taking this home.

Bumping this back up. Week 1 college games have posted, although initial lines won't be up until next Monday. Don't be that guy and wait til the last minute to sign up!

How about putting some money on the college pick em league?

10 bucks paypalled to the winner? Honor system

Bumping as part of the membership drive. Initial college lines post tomorrow, and lock in on Thursday. Games start locking on Friday (with Cuse v. Nova) so get on the record. Prove to your board comrades that you actually know something about college football.

For those looking for a little extra juice on the games, PM OrangeXtreme, we need a bigger turnout there.

At this point in time, there are no lines posted yet on the Yahoo pick 'em group unless I've totally misunderstood the site. Will lines be added/are we picking against the spread? If so, when?

At this point in time, there are no lines posted yet on the Yahoo pick 'em group unless I've totally misunderstood the site. Will lines be added/are we picking against the spread? If so, when?
Looks like yahoo is just slow getting them posted. Given all the problems they've had with their fantasy site in this last week or so, I'm not surprised. I usually make my picks on Thursday anyway since the lines don't lock until then. The first week has a lot of freebies since all the games vs. 1-AAs are OFF, so if you wanted to get ahead you could be reasonable safe picking those ones.

Just to avoid any confusion:

There are 3 "free" games currently being offered:
College Pick'em: Group 2828 Password hardnosed (TDT's game)
Pro Pick'em: Group 10374 Password hardnosed (TDT's game)
Survivor: Group 241 Password bobcostas (OX's game)

There are 2 games which require a $10 entry fee each:
College: Group 303 Password leecorso (OX's game)
Pro: Group 449 Password tomjackson (OX's game)

If you guys intend to put up the $10, make sure you signed up for the correct group.

We now have spreads for the college games. :)

As expected, Syracuse is Off (0) against a 1-AA team.

Just to avoid any confusion:

There are 3 "free" games currently being offered:
College Pick'em: Group 2828 Password hardnosed (TDT's game)
Pro Pick'em: Group 10374 Password hardnosed (TDT's game)
Survivor: Group 241 Password bobcostas (OX's game)

There are 2 games which require a $10 entry fee each:
College: Group 303 Password leecorso (OX's game)
Pro: Group 449 Password tomjackson (OX's game)

If you guys intend to put up the $10, make sure you signed up for the correct group.
Thanks for the heads up...I'm in!

the college pickem is that with or without the spread? Thanks...

Both versions are against the spread, OX's uses confidence points as well. I couldn't bring myself to do that for a free league.

Thanks for the heads up...I'm in!

Friendly Tip:

Whenever a college line is listed as "Off (0)", usually when an FBS team plays an FCS team, the favorite only has to win.

In a "confidence points game", it means hammer down on the favorite ... ie ... make SU your 26 pointer.

I'd hate to see anyone screw up the first week and get too far behind.

Are you coming up for the Nova tailgate? If not, send me a PM and I'll give you a paypal address.

EB.

Here we go! Last Call for signups for the college games.

To those who have signed up, be sure to get your picks in. The lines have locked for this weekend's games, and they start counting Friday night. You do have up until kickoff for each game to make a selection, if you're ever late.

Figured I'd bump this going into week two of the college season, its a close race so far.