SyracuseFan Fantasy Baseball 2021 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SyracuseFan Fantasy Baseball 2021

Thanks, Jack, for putting this together. I have one question concerning the rules.

It appears that each pitching staff must only complete 20 innings each week. That seems much lower than in the past. Could you check on that, please?

Thanks, Jack, for putting this together. I have one question concerning the rules.

It appears that each pitching staff must only complete 20 innings each week. That seems much lower than in the past. Could you check on that, please?

Looked into that, and that's actually the Yahoo default for minimum innings pitched. Looks like it's been that way. In my other two Yahoo leagues, it's the same number.

Looked into that, and that's actually the Yahoo default for minimum innings pitched. Looks like it's been that way. In my other two Yahoo leagues, it's the same number.
Wow.

I think I’ve always played 2x that number, will adjust accordingly.

I'm in another league. We finally switched to head to head after years of rotisserie, which I am very glad about it. But our scoring system is rather funky. Each individual player gets points. I just went to see how my team was doing and I didn't realize that was the scoring system and was like what the hell?? I much prefer this head to head scoring system we're using in our syracusefan.com league.

Scoring

Batting
Runs Scored (R)
Total Bases (TB)
Runs Batted In (RBI)
Walks (BB)
Strikeouts (K)
Stolen Bases (SB)

Pitching
Innings Pitched (IP)
Hits Allowed (H)
Earned Runs (ER)
Walks Issued (BB)
Strikeouts (K)
Wins (W)
Losses (L)
Saves (SV)

We had 12 categories previously. We had either an OBP/OPS category, and a Quality Starts category. I was the king of the 5 2/3 inning start.

And I think that we had to have something like 35 IP each week.

Forgive me if I am taking this the wrong way, but are people really complaining about a free league that I literally had to hound people to sign up on?

Forgive me if I am taking this the wrong way, but are people really complaining about a free league that I literally had to hound people to sign up on?

Not at all and I hope none of my comments came off like that. I love that we're doing it and I'm glad you made the effort to set the league up.

If orange79 has to come in here and start deleting posts, then I think you will have a problem.

up to that point...all is cool!!

I like leagues like this as opposed to just jumping in an anonymous league, because I like the discussion it brings with somewhat known people.

Also, as a diehard Yankee fan who no longer has the time for any other baseball game but the Yankees, it’s a great way to see who’s good in MLB. I don’t even watch Baseball Tonight anymore, so other than the Yankees and the mets, who I can’t escape no matter how hard I’ve tried, if your name is not Mike Trout, I likely have no idea how good you are.

when I’m filling out an ASB, I’m always like...who Fluck are these guys??

I never look at the rules before I join a league and like I said, I’ll adjust accordingly.

All good and thanks for setting it up!!

Not me. I really WAS the King of the 5 2/3 inning start (with 6 innings and 3 ER or less being the requirement for a QS).

It's just a different game and, as someone said, I'll adjust accordingly.

If orange79 has to come in here and start deleting posts, then I think you will have a problem.

up to that point...all is cool!!

I like leagues like this as opposed to just jumping in an anonymous league, because I like the discussion it brings with somewhat known people.

Also, as a diehard Yankee fan who no longer has the time for any other baseball game but the Yankees, it’s a great way to see who’s good in MLB. I don’t even watch Baseball Tonight anymore, so other than the Yankees and the mets, who I can’t escape no matter how hard I’ve tried, if your name is not Mike Trout, I likely have no idea how good you are.

when I’m filling out an ASB, I’m always like...who Fluck are these guys??

I never look at the rules before I join a league and like I said, I’ll adjust accordingly.

All good and thanks for setting it up!!

Couldn't agree more. Competing with friends, especially for no money, is totally enjoyable.

Especially when, as expected, I whip your collective BEE-hinds.

Who was GM's Team? Way to come out of the pack and win it!

Who was GM's Team? Way to come out of the pack and win it!

That would be yours truly. Appreciate it.

Had a pretty good fantasy baseball year.

6 H2H category leagues. Three championships, two 2nd place finishes, one stinker of a finish.

1 Points league. 1 championship.

The points league and one of the H2H championships made me some decent coin.

That would be yours truly. Appreciate it.

Had a pretty good fantasy baseball year.

6 H2H category leagues. Three championships, two 2nd place finishes, one stinker of a finish.

1 Points league. 1 championship.

The points league and one of the H2H championships made me some decent coin.
Congratulations! And thanks for stepping forward to helm our motley crew.

Apologies to the organizers and other members of the league for not stepping up and managing my team. I was delinquent earlier in the year as my mind was on other stuff, and then frankly just forgot I was even in the league.

Looking at the roster I drafted, I probably would have done well if I managed it. Going all in on Jays paid off (or would have paid off)- Guerrero, Semien, Bichette. Also had Buehler on my bench all year.

Apologies to the organizers and other members of the league for not stepping up and managing my team. I was delinquent earlier in the year as my mind was on other stuff, and then frankly just forgot I was even in the league.

Looking at the roster I drafted, I probably would have done well if I managed it. Going all in on Jays paid off (or would have paid off)- Guerrero, Semien, Bichette. Also had Buehler on my bench all year.
What was your team?

Good chance you beat me anyway.

What was your team?

Good chance you beat me anyway.

The Jr. Noboa superstars. Apparently ninth in regular season, 10th in playoffs.
Having Buehler on the bench essentially all year, and having 1 transaction was not a winning formula!

1633666061995.png

I’ve renewed the league for those that participated last year.

If anyone wants to change the format, speak your mind and if others agree, I’ll change things no issue. Here is the registration link if more want to sign
Up or leave the league. If you want your team deleted, tell me and I’ll do it.

Reminder - I actually won last year, so let’s step up your game. I have no business winning :)

Baseball season is upon us! Join my league "Syracuse Fan - Post COVID"
Join my Yahoo Sports Fantasy Baseball league, Syracuse Fan - Post COVID

If anyone wants to change the format, speak your mind and if others agree, I’ll change things no issue. Here is the registration link if more want to sign

Reminder - I actually won last year, so let’s step up your game. I have no business winning :)

I think I renewed?

Jack: I really appreciate your having stepped up. The one change I would ask is that the minimum required innings pitched be increased. Teams were essentially able to load up on relievers and meet the quota. Starters should have more value.

Jack: I really appreciate your having stepped up. The one change I would ask is that the minimum required innings pitched be increased. Teams were essentially able to load up on relievers and meet the quota. Starters should have more value.

No issues there. I’ve increased the limit from 20 to 30.

How much more do we want them to be increased?