Syracusefan Road Trips | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan Road Trips

Cusefan95

All Conference
I've been going to Syracuse road games since I was in college, and have scheduled my vacations around the Syracuse football schedule for years. Some of the trips were memorable, like watching the McNabb-led team beat Michigan at the Big House. However, 10-15 years ago it was hard find and meet up with folow Orangemen fans. In a week spent in Utah for the BYU fan I literally didn't see another Syracuse fan except for gametime.

Having a message board like this has had a huge, positive impact on these road trips. Additionally the people that have been coming to the games like Akron or Tulane are the die-hards, the ones that stuck by the program through the worst stretch in its history. We aren't good enough to have any bandwagon fans...yet. I think that there are characteristics of the current fanbase that translates into the rest of life; I suspect that most of the people that have hung in with program are the kind of people that get called when their friends are stranded on the side of the road because they can count on you to show up with help.

Having the communication vehicle in which I can now virtually meet up with other Syracuse fans and plan actual meetings at games isn't all we've got; we're fortuanate to have someone like TexanMark that takes the time and effort to co-ordinate trips like Tulane. All I had to do was show up, and knew that people that I'd met at other games and had fun with were going to be here as well. TexanMark is the glue guy that keeps everything together.

This has been a fantastically enjoyable trip to the Big Easy, as I knew it would be. For the folks that made the trip and helped make it so enjoyable, I feel fortunate to have you folks in my life. To the board members that haven't made a road trip, I'd encourage you to do so if it is at all possible for you - you're certain to have a wonderful time. I'm already looking forward to meeting up with board posters at future road games myself...

I've been going to Syracuse road games since I was in college, and have scheduled my vacations around the Syracuse football schedule for years. Some of the trips were memorable, like watching the McNabb-led team beat Michigan at the Big House. However, 10-15 years ago it was hard find and meet up with folow Orangemen fans. In a week spent in Utah for the BYU fan I literally didn't see another Syracuse fan except for gametime.

Having a message board like this has had a huge, positive impact on these road trips. Additionally the people that have been coming to the games like Akron or Tulane are the die-hards, the ones that stuck by the program through the worst stretch in its history. We aren't good enough to have any bandwagon fans...yet. I think that there are characteristics of the current fanbase that translates into the rest of life; I suspect that most of the people that have hung in with program are the kind of people that get called when their friends are stranded on the side of the road because they can count on you to show up with help.

Having the communication vehicle in which I can now virtually meet up with other Syracuse fans and plan actual meetings at games isn't all we've got; we're fortuanate to have someone like TexanMark that takes the time and effort to co-ordinate trips like Tulane. All I had to do was show up, and knew that people that I'd met at other games and had fun with were going to be here as well. TexanMark is the glue guy that keeps everything together.

This has been a fantastically enjoyable trip to the Big Easy, as I knew it would be. For the folks that made the trip and helped make it so enjoyable, I feel fortunate to have you folks in my life. To the board members that haven't made a road trip, I'd encourage you to do so if it is at all possible for you - you're certain to have a wonderful time. I'm already looking forward to meeting up with board posters at future road games myself...
I echo your comments, and, by the way, great to see you again this weekend. If you love Syracuse football and have thought about attending a game (home or away), please consider coming.

There is always going to be a contingent of people on the board there and they will welcome you with open arms. If you have questions or need more info, make a post and you will get the info you need. Or send a private message to someone from the area (we have people everywhere now).

I echo your comments, and, by the way, great to see you again this weekend. If you love Syracuse football and have thought about attending a game (home or away), please consider coming.

There is always going to be a contingent of people on the board there and they will welcome you with open arms. If you have questions or need more info, make a post and you will get the info you need. Or send a private message to someone from the area (we have people everywhere now).

this shouldn't fall off the front page but I think typing bump as a single post is lazy

I'm getting all misty here just reading this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom