Syracuse's decline continues, falls to No. 17 in AP poll | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse's decline continues, falls to No. 17 in AP poll

Must be due to the quality of our opponents.

Agreed. We would be favored on a neutral floor against the next 5 teams ahead of us in the rankings. We're due for a "good regular season, great tournament" type year.
Yup. We just happen to be in the lousy position of a pretty good team playing poorly against pretty good competition.

Agreed. We would be favored on a neutral floor against the next 5 teams ahead of us in the rankings. We're due for a "good regular season, great tournament" type year.

And I love Scotch.

Can't argue with that ranking.
I can. Losing to a team ranked above you , even at home and you drop 5 places? I'd expect to #15 not #13.

Isn't next Monday the last day the rankings come out, or do they have one more after all the league tournaments?

I can. Losing to a team ranked above you , even at home and you drop 5 places? I'd expect to #15 not #13.

It's likely in recognition that we're 4-6 over the last ten, and just lost 3 consecutively — not just a reflection of the most recent loss.

Isn't next Monday the last day the rankings come out, or do they have one more after all the league tournaments?

If we had only lost to one team that was ranked above us, I would agree with you. However, I think the 5 spot drop was taking our most recent body of work into consideration. We have lost 6 out of our last 10, 3 of those teams weren't ranked and only Louisville was ranked higher than us at the time of the game.

If we had only lost to one team that was ranked above us, I would agree with you. However, I think the 5 spot drop was taking our most recent body of work into consideration. We have lost 6 out of our last 10, 3 of those teams weren't ranked and only Louisville was ranked higher than us at the time of the game.
Understand what you say and there could be a certain amount of truth to it, but it funny how rankings at the time of the game work. When somebody wants to "prove" how good a team is, they will say "we beat so-n-so when they were ranked #X". But when somebody wants to point out a team is not as good as you think they say "they beat so-n-so when ranked but we all know that was fools gold because so-n-so is in the bottom half of their conference and won't make the tourny" Example is Arkansas, when SU beat them on their court it was considered a big win but now people will argue that Arkansas wasn't that good to begin with.
I still think 17 is to low.

The basketball world still sees us as a top 20 team. That is a good thing.