Syracuse's Nicky Galasso sidelined with upper-body injury, expected to return this season | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse's Nicky Galasso sidelined with upper-body injury, expected to return this season

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
Syracuse's Nicky Galasso will be limited by injuries for a third consecutive year.

The transfer, who suffered through stress fractures in his feet in each if the previous two seasons, suffered an upper-body injury during Syracuse's first week of practice.

"It's not season-ending," Syracuse head coach John Desko said in a statement. "He's being treated by our medical staff and we hope to have him back soon."

http://www.syracuse.com/orangelacrosse/index.ssf/2014/01/syracuses_nicky_galasso_sideli.html

This kid is fra-gil-ay. :(

And it might solve the Staats problem.

This kid is fra-gil-ay. :(

And it might solve the Staats problem.

Seriously, can this kid go through a month without getting hurt? Good news is that it isnt season ending. Need to be sure we keep Staats reps in check to though hes not exactly a bastion of health himself.

Good lord. I'm beginning to doubt we ever see the poor kid on the field. AO's injury wasn't season-ending either. :rolleyes:

While was I reading the Staats stories today, I was wondering when he or Galasso would go down with an injury.

Presto!!

While was I reading the Staats stories today, I was wondering when he or Galasso would go down with an injury.

Presto!!
Don't wonder about anything else that's bad. Wonder about whether we will win the NC by 4 or 6 goals. ;)

Someone said to me yesterday that Injuries are a part of this sport, the intensity of training takes them to the edge and you are lucky to got through your career with ever having one, very true!

Its very unlucky and I feel for Nicky he must be very frustrated, when I spoke to him last year I think the only thing that kept him going was the play of the team last year and having the opportunity to have another shot at it this year!

Maybe he can get back late in the season, I hope so!

Someone said to me yesterday that Injuries are a part of this sport, the intensity of training takes them to the edge and you are lucky to got through your career with ever having one, very true!

Its very unlucky and I feel for Nicky he must be very frustrated, when I spoke to him last year I think the only thing that kept him going was the play of the team last year and having the opportunity to have another shot at it this year!

Maybe he can get back late in the season, I hope so!

The issue is two fold at this point;
1. He has now been hurt for the third season in a row, were approaching Darren Mcfadden status at this point with injuries.

2. How long will he be out? The article makes it sound like he could be back for the Siena or ALbany games, but in your post you indicate maybe he can get back late in the season. If he is going to be a big contributor this year we need him back in two weeks not two months.

The issue is two fold at this point;
1. He has now been hurt for the third season in a row, were approaching Darren Mcfadden status at this point with injuries.

2. How long will he be out? The article makes it sound like he could be back for the Siena or ALbany games, but in your post you indicate maybe he can get back late in the season. If he is going to be a big contributor this year we need him back in two weeks not two months.

Well said JC. Upper body could be (usually at cuse is) concussion I guess. Unlikely its a shoulder thing, but maybe... Shouldn't prevent him from staying in some type of game shape. Who know's though.

Well said JC. Upper body could be (usually at cuse is) concussion I guess. Unlikely its a shoulder thing, but maybe... Shouldn't prevent him from staying in some type of game shape. Who know's though.

Well the good news is that its an "upper body" injury. At least from that standpoint your not talking a knee or god forbid another foot injury. The bad news is that upper body could mean a dozen different things. A concussion would probably be the best case scenario, we have had issues with fractured hands the past few years, hope that isnt the case here. This makes the loss of Daniello sting a little more. This could really open things up for Dylan Maltz or the new 22.