Syracuse's Television coverage | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse's Television coverage

Other than 1 section of CT which apparently is at the end of the earth, I have seen more Cuse games on my big tv in the ACC than in the BE.

Of those I can’t watch on he big screen, it’s on my iPad.

Those were not available in the BE.

Why bck in the day, like the YOM, we only got the big games and some BE.

People need to stop complaining.

Probably depends on location. When local channels that I don’t have pick up the game, ESPN app often blacks the games out.

For those residing in the United States, if you have internet, a TV and you have cable/dish/directTv through which you get ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ESPNNews you may want to consider buying a Roku device (or some other equivalent device) and hooking that up to your TV.

Since I have a Roku device I will speak to that (but I am sure something similar to what I am about to explain could be done through an Amazon firestick tv). The Roku only costs like $30 - $40 and once hooked up you add the ESPN app to it, then just sign in one time through a computer to the ESPN site to activate it and you can watch what are now ACC Network Extra games all you want as long as the game isn't being carried on a local cable/dish channel. You can also watch re-runs of the games (even those that were blacked out initially due to it being carried on a local channel) for a few days after as well.

Once the actual linear Network starts next August, not sure if it will work the same since either your sports package will need to include that linear channel (like mine does now with the SEC Network) or you might then have to consider going with Sling TV which can be added to a Roku as well. At this time Sling TV Orange includes ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3 with its basic package for $25. Once the linear channel is up I am sure that will be included with the Sports package which currently has ESPNU, ESPNews, SEC Network, SEC Network +, and NBA TV for an additional $5. For my purposes, Sling with the Sports package is enough so I would just drop the cable subscription entirely but like myself, you may find you have different household needs that require you to keep at least the basic cable subscription. ;)

Hope I haven't confused the situation even more.

Cheers,
Neil

My firestick works great too. I upgraded to FIOS for internet and rarely if ever have issues.

Sometimes the source stream sucks, like during THE basketball tournament over the Summer and I miss my DVR for replays, etc. Other than that, I think it's great that it gives so many more options of college games to watch.

For those residing in the United States, if you have internet, a TV and you have cable/dish/directTv through which you get ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ESPNNews you may want to consider buying a Roku device (or some other equivalent device) and hooking that up to your TV.

Since I have a Roku device I will speak to that (but I am sure something similar to what I am about to explain could be done through an Amazon firestick tv). The Roku only costs like $30 - $40 and once hooked up you add the ESPN app to it, then just sign in one time through a computer to the ESPN site to activate it and you can watch what are now ACC Network Extra games all you want as long as the game isn't being carried on a local cable/dish channel. You can also watch re-runs of the games (even those that were blacked out initially due to it being carried on a local channel) for a few days after as well.

Once the actual linear Network starts next August, not sure if it will work the same since either your sports package will need to include that linear channel (like mine does now with the SEC Network) or you might then have to consider going with Sling TV which can be added to a Roku as well. At this time Sling TV Orange includes ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3 with its basic package for $25. Once the linear channel is up I am sure that will be included with the Sports package which currently has ESPNU, ESPNews, SEC Network, SEC Network +, and NBA TV for an additional $5. For my purposes, Sling with the Sports package is enough so I would just drop the cable subscription entirely but like myself, you may find you have different household needs that require you to keep at least the basic cable subscription. ;)

Hope I haven't confused the situation even more.

Cheers,
Neil

Amazon firestick works well for me.

I guess it depends on your perspective. I moved from Syracuse in 1987 and lived outside of Atlanta for 11 years. Only got to see the nationwide broadcasts during that time and the local CBS affiliate would often pre-empt college basketball on Saturday afternoons to show In the Heat of the Night reruns - I'm totally serious about that. Sure, I'd prefer all games to be on tv, but I'm just glad we've gotten to the point when I can live in Kansas and have access to watch every game in some way. I do hope and think the ACC network will result in our "computer" games moving to tv. I have to think they would grab as many of the power school ACC games as they can that the national networks don't pick up. And while I don't mind watching games on the internet, what happened Tuesday night was unacceptable and beyond frustrating with going back to the pregame show constantly.
Amen on the constant restart to pregame. Finally got around it by as soon as I saw pregame, I restarted app on my Apple TV which would take me back to the live feed. No idea why but it worked.

Hard to believe there was once a time that I had to sit in my car at 1 am to listen to a very static Great Alaskan Shootout.

Iowa games used to be broadcast on a 50,000 watt radio station and my dad used to go around our houses in Liverpool and in Georgia with his walkman trying to get reception.

What was life like while we were still in the BE?

Early season games were available to Time-Warner subscribers in NYS only. If you lived out of state you were SOL.

At least every game is now available nationwide on one platform or another.
It was better sny had most of our games.

Back in the last few years of the original Big East I remember the Big East bragging that EVERY conference game was televised (available on a TV not a computer). Even in Minnesota, I watched every Syracuse conference game on my TV (I have the Directv sports package so I get SNY, NESN etc.). We have gone backwards in the ACC conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom