Tackle Sean Hickey leads 5 Syracuse football players on Phil Steele's preseason All-ACC teams | Syracusefan.com

Tackle Sean Hickey leads 5 Syracuse football players on Phil Steele's preseason All-ACC teams

People state how this is a make or break year for several SU players..

I think it's obvious who needs to sack up and go big or go home in 2014.

Ashton Broyld.

lville has 13 guys on the preseason list??? for second overall??

but i read on here that they were going to suck this year???

so confused......

People state how this is a make or break year for several SU players..

I think it's obvious who needs to sack up and go big or go home in 2014.

Ashton Broyld.
How can you call him out when he was our best WR last year. Kid has been shifted into different positions since he's been here and has done a pretty dang good job with the transition.

FYI, last year Steele only named 4 Syracuse players to his preseason All ACC team. He remains unimpressed with the Syracuse football program.

Linkage
to be fair - aside from Hickey you'd be hard pressed to make a case for any of the other players on offense before the season starts

and there's a lot of potential across the d-line heading into this year, but nobody that could be slotted in as top 4 in the conference at this point

I think 5 players is a pretty fair preseason evaluation. I expect to see a few more in the post season all-ACC teams though :cool:

How can you call him out when he was our best WR last year. Kid has been shifted into different positions since he's been here and has done a pretty dang good job with the transition.

I'm not saying he did poorly last year. However he is a big time athlete with the talent to be a game changer. Granted he's changed positions numerous times and had to deal with TH last year, he has the talent to do better. I'm calling out Ashton Broyld to step up, go balls to the walls, and be the difference maker we all know he can be. I'm confident he'll find himself on one of these all conference lists when it's all said in done. I have faith in the kid.

I'm not saying he did poorly last year. However he is a big time athlete with the talent to be a game changer. Granted he's changed positions numerous times and had to deal with TH last year, he has the talent to do better. I'm calling out Ashton Broyld to step up, go balls to the walls, and be the difference maker we all know he can be. I'm confident he'll find himself on one of these all conference lists when it's all said in done. I have faith in the kid.
One area within his control to go balls to the wall is to become the best damn blocking WR in college football.

One area within his control to go balls to the wall is to become the best damn blocking WR in college football.

I think if he become our consistent over the middle threat, he'll rack up a truly great year.

Syracuse synergy. I'll take a team working together and earning wins and then getting drafted over some guys preseason thoughts. A lot of this stuff (all anything) is reputation and speculation and I like facts.

I am willing to accept this as a fair guess about who are the better returning players, and which programs are in better shape entering the year. He did, after all, get it right about SU's guys.

Then, like the fans of other teams in the lower ranks, we hope our next best players (the rotation at DE, Whigham and Reddish, Estime, Hunt, Broyld, Trudo, Parris, Morris) make their marks when play begins. Can't get too high or too low about stuff posted in June.

I am willing to accept this as a fair guess about who are the better returning players, and which programs are in better shape entering the year. He did, after all, get it right about SU's guys.

Then, like the fans of other teams in the lower ranks, we hope our next best players (the rotation at DE, Whigham and Reddish, Estime, Hunt, Broyld, Trudo, Parris, Morris) make their marks when play begins. Can't get too high or too low about stuff posted in June.

wrong. he must hate su. no other explanation given all we've accomplished the past decade

so confused...

...including their Sophmore QB that has 112 yards to his name. He gets the nod above a few others that should have had consideration. I think PS may be full of BS in his overall review.

so confused...

I'm a little surprised he has their QB on the 4th team. But he's pretty good about that stuff. I'm guessing Steele would disagree with ESPN ranking Louisville #50.

Friday night in the Dome, that's got to be the one we steal.

I'm a little surprised he has their QB on the 4th team. But he's pretty good about that stuff. I'm guessing Steele would disagree with ESPN ranking Louisville #50.

Friday night in the Dome, that's got to be the one we steal.
its early enough in the season that they could be a paper champion, and if people here are right.....then yes, a HUGE win.

a perfect scenario is its in front of a full house after hanging with the golden domers and the Orange move to 4-1.

leaving Oct with 2 wins would be heavenly.

but im worried that even 1 will be struggle.