Tackling is the worse I have ever seen | Syracusefan.com

Tackling is the worse I have ever seen

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Simply horrible. Missed tackles on so many runs and kickoff returns.

Sent from my DROIDX

Simply horrible. Missed tackles on so many runs and kickoff returns.

Sent from my DROIDX
that comes down to coaching. im sorry but thats all it is.

can i just point out that I have said since the beginning of the yr that tackling suscks, total lack of fundamentals. tackling is a function of physics. we have not learned that yet.

another point today and last week we very rarely saw multiple syracuse players in on tackles. Time to remind the kids to gang tackle

Cassullo yelled a Lot WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:mad:couchburn

SU looked like they were playing in mud today and it was a horrible second half of defensive football. They would have killed SU if they didn't turn it over 5 times in the first half.

that comes down to coaching. im sorry but thats all it is.

Couldn't agree more...drives me crazy watching this generation of kids just throwing their bodies around vs. wrapping up. For Pete's sake, you learn to wrap up at the friggin Pop Warner level...

Well Doug had a choice, recruit big guys or recruit fast guys. He's not able to get guys who are big and fast right now.

Doug went with fast guys (which I agree with) but unfortunately they are small, light and young.

The good thing is they are usually fast enough to make a play but just not physical enough to finish at this point. Hopefully this comes in the future and these guys hit the weights over the winter.

Tackling is what separates this team from last year's team.

That must improve.

Tackling is what separates this team from last year's team.

That must improve.
yup-year 1 we tackled like all hell-year 2 we did 1st half of the season and forgot in league play

year 3 they have totally forgotten since game 1

how many times do they need to drill it into their heads that you can't tackle up top? you need to tackle at the legs, which have EVERYTHING to do with moving forward. so many horrid "shoulder pop" tackles today that didn't work. most of the time they won't either.

Does whiffing count as a missed tackle?

Anderson whiffed so bad yesterday on one tackle. If I was the coaching staff, I would've pulled his ass out of the game. Complete lack of everything.

These SU D backs are hurt every Game and they tackle like it. But this is not the worse tackling team those honors still belong to the GROBBERS.

We got hurt mostly on the pitches to the outside, which I assume falls a lot on the LB's. Isaw Davis miss a bunch of tackles-I think he's looking for Sportscenter tackles every time instead of wrapping up the carrier. Believe Thomas also missed a few tackles.

These SU D backs are hurt every Game and they tackle like it. But this is not the worse tackling team those honors still belong to the GROBBERS.

Keep setting that bar low.

We got hurt mostly on the pitches to the outside, which I assume falls a lot on the LB's. Isaw Davis miss a bunch of tackles-I think he's looking for Sportscenter tackles every time instead of wrapping up the carrier. Believe Thomas also missed a few tackles.

The LB's were horrendous, especially Davis and Spruill. I actually think Spruill has been going backwards all season. Was his name called once yesterday? Whatever happened to "form" tackling? We are all arms or just whiff completely.

The LB's were horrendous, especially Davis and Spruill. I actually think Spruill has been going backwards all season. Was his name called once yesterday? Whatever happened to "form" tackling? We are all arms or just whiff completely.
Other than one or 2 nice plays from Davis, the only LB who's name I heard was Vaughan. To paraphrase JB, how many more tackles than a dead man did spruill have?

Thing that drives me crazy is that on a lot of those toss or stretch plays we seem to have good pursuit from lb's and safeties, but then we always run into each other and 1 of our guys takes out like 2 more of our men and they run right by us. I guess it usually comes down to somebody being a little out of position or slow reacting which in turn slows down everybody else and this also leads to more missed tackles. Frustrating

But this is not the worse tackling team those honors still belong to the GROBBERS.

The tackling yesterday - the 2nd quarter,was as bad as anything from the grob era.

He had one really nice tackle yesterday that the announcers talked about. Besides that, he played a bad game. Out of the 3 backers, Vaughn had the best game. Didn't think I would have said that all year.

Thing that drives me crazy is that on a lot of those toss or stretch plays we seem to have good pursuit from lb's and safeties, but then we always run into each other and 1 of our guys takes out like 2 more of our men and they run right by us. I guess it usually comes down to somebody being a little out of position or slow reacting which in turn slows down everybody else and this also leads to more missed tackles. Frustrating
Also noticed that once our guys got blocked a little bit on those plays, they just gave up. I threw up in my mouth about 7 times watching that garbage. My wife kept telling me to calm down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom