Tackling is the worse I have ever seen | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tackling is the worse I have ever seen

The LB's were horrendous, especially Davis and Spruill. I actually think Spruill has been going backwards all season. Was his name called once yesterday? Whatever happened to "form" tackling? We are all arms or just whiff completely.

I actually thought Spruill had a really nice first half, but second half
was abysmal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's kind of funny is that SU played a bunch of teams early that could pass and it seemed like they started to get a read on that and now they are facing teams that like to run in the past two games and we have last season once again with the Louisville, uconn and bc games. They just gave USF the recipe on how to move the ball and I don't think they'll stop cincy offensively what so ever. The SU offense is going to have to bring it because if they don't it's all going to come down to that Pitt game.

The defense looked like they just read and glided and tackled poorly, played tentative. I really believe the young lb's just struggled with fakes and the dline didn't get enough penetration to make any kind of difference on the wildcat, none and that would have helped blow up a play or two.

There also seems to be a problem with gap discipline and plenty of bad angles and over pursuit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom