Tailgating at Yankee Stadium???? | Syracusefan.com

Tailgating at Yankee Stadium????

jpac

Walk On
Anybody know which is the best lot to tailgate at Yankee stadium? And how far in advance do I need to show up? Any info would help. Thanks.

You can tailgate wherever you want as I don't believe there is a specific area but the Bronx is a tailgate at a bar place if there ever was one.!

here are some of the garages: I know some tailgates happening on the top level of several garages. Try 161st St or Ruppert Garages.

For surface lots: I tailgated in 2010 at Harlem River North Lot...the trick is to find the tunnel walkway from the lot and walk up and over the Metro North train station on an elevated covered corridor. See it in Blue from the Major Deegan Lot.

YankeeParking_Ruppert(1).jpg

here are some of the garages: I know some tailgates happening on the top level of several garages. Try 161st St or Ruppert Garages.

For surface lots: I tailgated in 2010 at Harlem River North Lot...the trick is to find the tunnel walkway from the lot and walk up and over the Metro North train station on an elevated covered corridor. See it in Blue from the Major Deegan Lot.

Thank TexanMark. Do you know how early I should get to one of these lots? My friends and I are planning on getting a large order of Dino BBQ in the city and then tailgating at one of these lots.

Thank TexanMark. Do you know how early I should get to one of these lots? My friends and I are planning on getting a large order of Dino BBQ in the city and then tailgating at one of these lots.
I'd try to be there by noon...just depends on how warmly you are dressed. In 2010 the day was actually gorgeous: it was calm, sunny and around 40 degrees but felt warmer as the sun reflected off the snow. After the sun set it got cold. I recommend some of the peel and stick foot warmers aong with layers. You might google for a link to prepay your pass. You save a few bucks and guarantee a spot.

UPDATE TO PARKING FOR PINSTRIPE BOWL:

Since I purchased pre-paid parking earlier this month, I received an email earlier today notifying me of some changes to the parking arrangements. Here is the update:

Per our contacts at Yankee Stadium: 161st Street Garage, the 151st Street North Lot and the 153rd Street Lot will be closed for this event.

Please know that the validity of your permit is not affected. Please see the new parking assignment for this game.

Those who purchased in the following lots will be relocated, please show your current permit at the new parking location:

• 161st Street Garage-->please park in the Ruppert Plaza Garage
  • 151st Street North Lot-->please park in the Harlem River Lot
  • 153rd Street Lot-->please park in the Gerard Avenue Lot

UPDATE TO PARKING FOR PINSTRIPE BOWL:

Since I purchased pre-paid parking earlier this month, I received an email earlier today notifying me of some changes to the parking arrangements. Here is the update:

Per our contacts at Yankee Stadium: 161st Street Garage, the 151st Street North Lot and the 153rd Street Lot will be closed for this event.

Please know that the validity of your permit is not affected. Please see the new parking assignment for this game.

Those who purchased in the following lots will be relocated, please show your current permit at the new parking location:

• 161st Street Garage-->please park in the Ruppert Plaza Garage
  • 151st Street North Lot-->please park in the Harlem River Lot
  • 153rd Street Lot-->please park in the Gerard Avenue Lot

Thanks for the update! My crew decided that tailgating would kind of suck in the snow and wind, so instead we are going to do some pre-game chowing at the Dino BBQ at 125th St. at noon and then head over to park near the stadium. I prepaid my parking using TexanMark's first link above. Thanks all for the info. Let's Go Orange and win this Pinstripe Bowl tomorrow!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom