Taj Harris Suspended For Clemson Game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Taj Harris Suspended For Clemson Game

He served the time and hopefully learned his lesson. He’s a td threat whenever he catches the ball. I think it’s weird to say the offense functions better without him though I agree I’d like to see Ed and Q get more looks.

He served the time and hopefully learned his lesson. He’s a td threat whenever he catches the ball. I think it’s weird to say the offense functions better without him though I agree I’d like to see Ed and Q get more looks.

He’s gotta catch it first. And then not throw a temper tantrum when the QB over/under throws to him. Or when he thinks the QB should have thrown to him.

Dino has to stop with his designating certain players as his “need-to-be-treated-like-royalty” BS.

His career catch to TD ratio would disagree with your "threat whenever he touches the ball" comment

Also, he never holds on in traffic, rarely keeps his feet in bounds on the sideline and often runs the wrong route. So even getting the ball in his hands is no easy feat

Not sure where all the hype for his talent has come from but it is overblown and after last weeks antics (and all the attitude he showed before that) I am done with hearing about it

His career catch to TD ratio would disagree with your "threat whenever he touches the ball" comment

Also, he never holds on in traffic, rarely keeps his feet in bounds on the sideline and often runs the wrong route. So even getting the ball in his hands is no easy feat

Not sure where all the hype for his talent has come from but it is overblown and after last weeks antics (and all the attitude he showed before that) I am done with hearing about it
I don’t wanna say Taj is without issue as a player and on field personality because he certainly is.
But didn’t I read earlier today he lead the ACC in receiving yards this season? If so that’s almost exclusively on the back of the long ball TDs he has, he’s averaging like .7 TDs over 50 yards a game played this year isn’t he? Pitt, Tech, duke and Liberty he had one so 4/5 is a pretty damn good stretch as a deep threat

Its fine to say he shouldn’t be playing because of his immaturity and antics but I think it’s clear despite his weight he’s (albeit unfortunately) the most talented receiver on the roster. I have not seen enough of Queeley in game to change my mind on that.

He was on pace to end last week for ~ 1,000 yards and 10 td’s. Understand people are sick of him, but each of our receivers are dropping balls and making boneheaded errors. Its his fault he was suspended. If somehow he learns from this and the tough loves what he needed, I wouldnt say we’re worse off for it.

Its fine to say he shouldn’t be playing because of his immaturity and antics but I think it’s clear despite his weight he’s (albeit unfortunately) the most talented receiver on the roster. I have not seen enough of Queeley in game to change my mind on that.

He was on pace to end last week for ~ 1,000 yards and 10 td’s. Understand people are sick of him, but each of our receivers are dropping balls and making boneheaded errors. Its his fault he was suspended. If somehow he learns from this and the tough loves what he needed, I wouldnt say we’re worse off for it.
He also drops balls.

Kid can play. Love his passion. But after today i think Hendrix gets more snaps. Its obvious he has the goods. I expect him to turn into a star.

his target to catch/yards ratio is horrible too

be careful with counting stats

Sure, its a problem across the unit. I have not seen a receiver look consistently better than him yet though.
How could you, Taj gets 50% of the targets cause if he doesn't he throws a tantrum...then invariably drops a ball or 2 right in his hands after said tantrum.

Between the above and TD locking in on one guy at a time, We have seen so little of everyone else, its impossible to tell what they are capable of.

We need Taj's vertical speed to stretch the defense, but his value is more than just the occasional long bomb. He's fearless across the middle, and the cushion he gets buys him space on sit-down routes (3d down). His weakness is 164 pounds .. which makes it hard to get a clean release against bump coverage, stay in-bounds on sideline routes and win the ball in tight coverage. Queeley doesn't have those limitations. He might be just as fast but 30 pounds heavier. The two could be a potent combination next year with J. Williams (6-0 203) and Alford (6'5 210) mixed in. Hendrix (6-3 230) is another guy with excellent size and good hands, although maybe not top-line speed. I mean, the WR corp is starting to show some depth and potential ... it's just cloaked right now due to the QB situation.

Last edited:
I think he should've made a public apology through the athletic department to the poor souls who were watching until the end of that pitiful game and saw it on their screens
Completely agree. I feel it should be a two game suspension minimum. The fact he still has not publicly apologized is unacceptable.

Need a QB willing to throw to more than one player and that’s what we had the last two games. So the offense did look better against Clemson but part of that is the ability/willingness of a QB to distribute the ball around the field.

Need a QB willing to throw to more than one player and that’s what we had the last two games. So the offense did look better against Clemson but part of that is the ability/willingness of a QB to distribute the ball around the field.

Did you watch the Duke game?

Did you watch the Duke game?

I watched every game until the end during Grob and Shafer whether home or years I had season tix. Hopefully that answers your question.

I watched every game until the end during Grob and Shafer whether home or years I had season tix. Hopefully that answers your question.

Then you need glasses. That was the most evenly distributed passing performance he's had under center.

Hope I'm wrong but he will be showing up the QB before halftime.

About the same time that most of the reserves will be yucking it up on the sidelines, laughing at this and that down 21 in the 2nd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom