Taj Harris | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Taj Harris

and all our wide recieivers missed time in camp which hurts chemistry

I will say I was worried at the start of the game seeing the WR in the sideline having “heated” exchanges and looking defensive when talking.
Around 3rd quarter they all seemed to be talking together and with the QBs and Dino.
Hopefully this group has it together after two games and are on the same page as Tommy going forward.

You can see TD is looking down field and I assume nobody is open. Pretty discouraging. Our WRs are overrated. We need some big boy wideouts.

God you are ponderous

You can see TD is looking down field and I assume nobody is open. Pretty discouraging. Our WRs are overrated. We need some big boy wideouts.

DeVito locks in ALOT. He seems to be worse than Dungey on that front.

This is a throw away week if we as fans want to retain our sanity. To me there are three clear problems on offense in this order.
1. With Servais playing center BOTH of our tackles are below ACC level.
2. Tommy is inexperienced. I know people don’t want to hear it but it’s true. Practice and personal trainers can’t prepare you for P5 defenses. Problem # 1 makes this worse.
3. The wideouts aren’t great and DeVito isn’t helping them. He missed a wide open Harris and Johnson on to scramble plays early. It would have been a tough play but it was there. They both seemed to struggle after that.

I have no idea what the answer is. If anyone can figure it out it’s Babers.

I don’t get the D at all. Makes you wonder if the improvement in the second half of the year was more based on garbage opponents than anything we did.

This is a throw away week if we as fans want to retain our sanity. To me there are three clear problems on offense in this order.
1. With Servais playing center BOTH of our tackles are below ACC level.
2. Tommy is inexperienced. I know people don’t want to hear it but it’s true. Practice and personal trainers can’t prepare you for P5 defenses. Problem # 1 makes this worse.
3. The wideouts aren’t great and DeVito isn’t helping them. He missed a wide open Harris and Johnson on to scramble plays early. It would have been a tough play but it was there. They both seemed to struggle after that.

I have no idea what the answer is. If anyone can figure it out it’s Babers.

I don’t get the D at all. Makes you wonder if the improvement in the second half of the year was more based on garbage opponents than anything we did.
listening to coach babers presser, he made it sound like we tried something specifically for maryland and it failed horribly and there skill players are good

God you are ponderous

Ponderous? LOL. People expected big things from the WR corp but they’re having trouble getting open. Two games in a row blanketed. People said losing a player like Gowdy was no big deal because we’re so deep. Wrong. Harris is decent but needs 20 lbs. Jackson looked good, and better attitude today to. His catch across the middle was big time. But Riley? Pfft and Nykiem is hurt. What else is there ?

Last edited:
Things sure change quickly. Wasn’t long ago that EVERYBODY gushed about the talent of our WRs and the crazy depth we had at the position.
I think we have a ton of talent. Taj and Johnson are not playing well, noticeably, though.

Harris is a true sophomore who played QB his senior year of HS. He's probably ahead of where he should really be developmentally. We recruited no true WRs in the class of 2015 (Womack was an athlete and he's gone). In Dino's first class you have the diminutive Riley, then Devin Butler who has size and athleticism but is gone. 2017 was the two tiny Johnsons (hehehe) and Cam Jordan. It's not Harris's fault he hasn't been afforded the opportunity to develop more. Seems odd to criticize him for his gains.

Very very surprised Sharod Johnson, Queeley and even Lutz are getting no snaps

You're just naming people off the roster. Obviously they aren't playing because they aren't as ready/good as the starters. We have seen Harris, Nykeim , Riley, and now Jackson be successful. Sure a big WR like Ish, Custis, AET would be great, but i don't think this group is the problem.

You're just naming people off the roster. Obviously they aren't playing because they aren't as ready/good as the starters. We have seen Harris, Nykeim , Riley, and now Jackson be successful. Sure a big WR like Ish, Custis, AET would be great, but i don't think this group is the problem.

Its pretty clear the problem with the offense is the pass blocking by the OL and some of TD's decision.

It's pretty clear that are wide receivers can get open other than Jackson and Johnson quits on his routes Riley disappears for long stretches too.! Where is Queeley, Courtney Jackson, Sharod Johnson. At least they are taller. My God, Syracuse's wide receiver talent is nothing compared to what I saw last night, LSU-Texas. Wow!!!!!!

It's pretty clear that are wide receivers can get open other than Jackson and Johnson quits on his routes Riley disappears for long stretches too.! Where is Queeley, Courtney Jackson, Sharod Johnson. At least they are taller. My God, Syracuse's wide receiver talent is nothing compared to what I saw last night, LSU-Texas. Wow!

Prob shouldn’t spend too much time dreaming about LSU and Texas WRs ... those teams get the pick of the litter in geographic hotspots, with years and years is relative success.

We can get enough talent at WR to win a lot of games. I actually still think we have them now.

Queeley has the size 6'2 200. He has 20 pounds on Harris. I hope he gets some run. Courtney can take the top off a D with his speed. I hope both these guys start to get some snaps.

My opinion is WR’s got used to Dungey taking off and picking up yards last year. Was at the game today and WR’s need to work back toward me the ball when Devito is flushed out of the pocket. Tommy threw the two balls away on 4th down since no one was open.

Just a terrible performance on both sides of the ball.

It looks like they have never practiced what to do on a broken pass play. They better get up to speed quickly with how our offensive line pass protects.

there were guys open quite a bit.. sometimes its a bad read, sometimes its too much pressure.. sometimes they dont run the right routes.

first play of the game. WR screen perfect call against the D, really only needed to make one guy miss for a huge play and its dropped.. WR pass play wide open over throw.. you need to eliminate the simple mistakes before we worry about the big picture. once you dig a big hole half the game plan is gone.

there were guys open quite a bit.. sometimes its a bad read, sometimes its too much pressure.. sometimes they dont run the right routes.

first play of the game. WR screen perfect call against the D, really only needed to make one guy miss for a huge play and its dropped.. WR pass play wide open over throw.. you need to eliminate the simple mistakes before we worry about the big picture. once you dig a big hole half the game plan is gone.
That screen drop was so frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom