Take a little break football side. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Take a little break football side.

Munnsville is beautiful all times of the year & I know people who know people there. Can keep you out of trouble or in trouble there -- your choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you know anyone that knows the principal/superintendent of schools, put in a good word for me!;) I don't know how much more I can handle the snowbirds.:( They will fly north just in time for me to get back home in the Fulton Chain and slam on the breaks/drive 35 in the 55. Or better yet, slam on the breaks on 28 just so they can look at a moose... er um wait... are they deer... er um wait... when do the deer turn into moose?

As much as I love bball I love football. Am I crazy for applying for a teaching job in Munnsville, NY and leave sunny FL which is 75 and sunny right now; thus allowing me to have season tickets again? My heart says yes my golf game says no. I suck at golf anyways! Call me the DUFFER!
I've said this before, for those of us who never saw him he was Bo Jackson before there was Bo Jackson. Thanks for posting these memcorsu.

Coincidentally enough I'm in Florida now for son's baseball & daughter's softball. Send me a PM with personal info & I'll ask around when I get back to work on 4/8. Can't hurt.

And I would rather drive in NYC every day than one day in Florida!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grew up in Munnsville and loved growing up in a small town ... I graduated about 3 years before they built the new school and turned the old one into a Ferris plant ... my mother actually helped get Delbert Ward the attorney that is shown in that documentary, she went to high school with him in NJ ... Stockbridge Valley Central School was a great place to get an education ... the math and science department was great ... the English and foreign languages department needed an overhaul slightly but I can honestly say even though I didn't get AP credit I took Calculus there and placed second on the engineers entrance exam at SU ... barely attended Calc I and II because I knew it so well coming out of high school ... I could have skipped both if SVCS had offered AP credit back then. Its a nice quiet town.

Good luck with the job! I live in the same area. It is a great area to raise your kids and enjoy all the seasons... Basketball, golf and football :)

Good luck with the job! I live in the same area. It is a great area to raise your kids and enjoy all the seasons... Basketball, golf and football :)
I grew up in Munnsville and loved growing up in a small town ... I graduated about 3 years before they built the new school and turned the old one into a Ferris plant ... my mother actually helped get Delbert Ward the attorney that is shown in that documentary, she went to high school with him in NJ ... Stockbridge Valley Central School was a great place to get an education ... the math and science department was great ... the English and foreign languages department needed an overhaul slightly but I can honestly say even though I didn't get AP credit I took Calculus there and placed second on the engineers entrance exam at SU ... barely attended Calc I and II because I knew it so well coming out of high school ... I could have skipped both if SVCS had offered AP credit back then. Its a nice quiet town.

I have been living in and out of boxes for most of my life moving all over, more so due to family dynamics/life situations. Like my man "Joe Dirty", I too am looking for a "Silver Town". The Central NY area south of 90 hugging route 20 is wonderful. I love the rural small town feel (having grown up in Memphis, TN:Large City). I also have grandparents in the Old Forge area that I would like to get closer to and that is not much of a jog to get there (got to be in the "know" to get a job up that way and that I am not). I graduated from Cortland and took a job down here in SFL to work with inner city children, but they have closed the school due to "budget reasons". I am ready to get back and find my "forty acres and a mule" and that whole area seems like a great place to do it. After that find a wife, get a dog, and ... wait maybe just go with the dog.;) Thanks guys for the good vibes and here's crossing my fingers and hoping the Sup.. thinks the gold stars on my resume "bling" just right.