Talent/Perspective | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Talent/Perspective

Not singling you out just wanna jump in this convo and bring up the point that’s next year we have a stud 4* RB and WR coming in and starting that are both redshirting right now. Technically 2 4* WR’s...Hendrix and Jackson

Yup.

sdhall01 -still “jerkoff motion”? How was the Michigan game?

Not singling you out just wanna jump in this convo and bring up the point that’s next year we have a stud 4* RB and WR coming in and starting that are both redshirting right now. Technically 2 4* WR’s...Hendrix and Jackson

Yup. Talent coming in next year looks really good like you say.

I thought it took some good ball placement though from DeVito. They had a step on guys but not like the separation was huge, IMO. Even on the TD to Custis...great throw and catch but if the guy turns around instead of holding Custis’ jersey then he may have a breakup or INT.
Sorry but each receiver had 2 ft to 3ft on defenders but ED won’t throw that ball. Why I’m not sure. I swear he is hurt shoulder wise.

Sorry but each receiver had 2 ft to 3ft on defenders but ED won’t throw that ball. Why I’m not sure. I swear he is hurt shoulder wise.

Eh, since when did we have these gamebreaking WRs?!

They bring in a top 30 recruiting class almost every year, and we haven't had a top 50 class for a long time, you're kidding yourself if you don't think there's a pretty big talent difference. Luckily our our scheme makes up for it.

I think we have better talent at WR than we think.

I agree 100%,getting them the ball was one thing but why were they so much more open when Devito got into the game?

Obviously you could always use more talent but I don’t think talent is why the offense isn’t humming, need more big passing plays to open things up.

They bring in a top 30 recruiting class almost every year, and we haven't had a top 50 class for a long time, you're kidding yourself if you don't think there's a pretty big talent difference. Luckily our our scheme makes up for it.

UNC and NC st have been recruiting well for awhile now I just think we are still playing catch up but gap is closing

We have a lot of ACC level talent, especially on offense now. But it's young, and raw ACC talent. The future is bright, and while it's not going to ever be FSU, Clemson talent, it's talent that will keep us in that 7-5, to 10-2 range that we've all been asking for since 2001.
I can't wait to see what our offense can do next year. Our defensive talent needs to catch up, and it will.

We had backup corners playing too. One for most of the game, the other for the end of game.

It is not only our scheme (presumably you mean the offense). And, frankly, our spread scheme with fast pace is not that unusual or that special.

Dino is motivating our guys in season, and off season, to max out their abilities. Often the opposing teams have better talent in the skill positions, and bigger linemen, and our guys have to compete with grit. And they do.

We had backup corners playing too. One for most of the game, the other for the end of game.

True but our backups and youngsters are better than the older guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom