Talk about getting shafted - Michigan State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Talk about getting shafted - Michigan State

Truth is, everyone in the Midwest gets shafted. Most the traditional powerhouses all got sent to the Midwest or West. The East and South brackets seem like there is intent to get some "new blood" in the final four.

Not complaining for SU as I'm just glad they are in obviously but that's just how I see it.

RPI is just a metric they look at like Ken Pom.
It’s not the most important one anymore.

If you look at Rhode Island and Michigan State their resumes are similar except State beat UNC and Purdue hence they are a 3 and Rhody a 7.

But which metric is the quadrant system based upon?

But which metric is the quadrant system based upon?
It’s scaled on the RPI
A home win over top 30 = neutral floor top 50 = top 75 road game.

I'm a big kenpom proponent but I feel like ignoring W/L and going strictly predictive is a bad idea; only de-values the reg. season even further.

In theory it should even out over time how though your bracket is; even though Duke always seems to gets the softest 8/9 or 7/10 in round 2, etc. by KP's ratings.

For once they managed to balance that sort of stuff pretty well. This tournament is definitely seeded much much better than other years.

Good point about ignoring the W/L. The irony is that studies have shown there is a high correlation between wins (prior to the tourney) and NCAA success. I remember reading a good WSJ article on this a few years ago.

It’s scaled on the RPI
A home win over top 30 = neutral floor top 50 = top 75 road game.

Right. So that's why the RPI is still the most impt metric.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom