TAMU up 14 over UNCheat at the half... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

TAMU up 14 over UNCheat at the half...

Announcer said how UNC struggles with length this year... obviously he missed the games we had against them outside of a 5 minute stretch.

Texas A/M is much, much better than I thought. The difference in this game is the 3 point shooting but the interior defense from A.M has been fantastic. And, unlike recent years, UNC does not play big. Their bigs are young.

Jim, Raf and Grant doing a good job tongue bathing the Tar Heels. hey fellas it's a moderate upset not a funeral.

Tourney credits, paid over 6 years.About $1.4MM/game played in Tourney (except championship game)

Split 15 ways it ain't enough to get me to root for the Tar Heels or the Dookies for that matter. I'm not worried about SU's finances. They're just fine.

Split 15 ways it ain't enough to get me to root for the Tar Heels or the Dookies for that matter. I'm not worried about SU's finances. They're just fine, thank you.

When you add up all the credits over time, it helps immensely. It is part of the reason the Big East was at the big boy table in spite of football. It also helps to have teams go deep for the recruiting.

I can forgo a credit or two now an then to watch a UNCheat beat-down.

When you add up all the credits over time, it helps immensely. It is part of the reason the Big East was at the big boy table in spite of football. It also helps to have teams go deep for the recruiting.

Yeah we've had these discussions over the years. I just don't see how one game here or there makes any material difference for SU. The big $$$ is doled out via the TV contracts. The credits are peanuts compared to the TV $$$.

Maybe I am missing your point but how does it help our recruiting if UNC goes deep in the tournament?

Jim Nantz starting to sound depressed.
"Coach Roy." Phil Mushnick in the NY Post mocks Nantz for constantly using this. Mushnick rails on his ignorance about the no show classes too.

"Coach Roy." Phil Mushnick in the NY Post mocks Nantz for constantly using this. Mushnick rails on his ignorance about the no show classes too.

Back when they were relevant, Nantz used to be a massive UConn fan. I remember they gave him a national championship ring after one of their titles.

Yeah we've had these discussions over the years. I just don't see how one game here or there makes any material difference for SU. The big $$$ is doled out via the TV contracts. The credits are peanuts compared to the TV $$$.

Maybe I am missing your point but how does it help our recruiting if UNC goes deep in the tournament?

Our kids will know they are playing against other elite level teams.

Another point is that the hoops side of TV deals are vastly underpaid,see the last B1G contract. The more TV time a conference has in prime time and in the tourney, the easier it is to get bigger money.

Our kids will know they are playing against other elite level teams.

Another point is that the hoops side of TV deals are vastly underpaid,see the last B1G contract. The more TV time a conference has in prime time and in the tourney, the easier it is to get bigger money.

UNC will be a blue blood premier program for the next decade even if it rarely gets to the Sweet 16. And I'm sure we'll go head to head with them on occasion for a recruit so the less success they have the better. No offense but I think you guys overthink this stuff. SU by nature of drawing 25K every year and being part of a big TV deal is not gonna ever be in a position of seeking handouts.

UNC will be a blue blood premier program for the next decade even if it rarely gets to the Sweet 16. And I'm sure we'll go head to head with them on occasion for a recruit so the less success they have the better. No offense but I think you guys overthink this stuff. SU by nature of drawing 25K every year and being part of a big TV deal is not gonna ever be in a position of seeking handouts.

You make a fair point. My point about the Big East was that the Tourney kept the Big East as a player. UCLA is a shadow of its former self, they don't compete for the best players on a scale like the eastern schools. Anyone at the top can fall on hard times.

Last season, the ACC earned $31MM. This is small, but it adds up. Each team will get $2mm on top of TV and other monies. For SU, that is roughly 2% of an annual budget. For other schools it is 4%. More important, whatever the ACC earns, other conferences do NOT earn. When the whole conference goes down early (see PAC 12), there is a huge disparity.

Actually, SU getting this far this year offsets that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom