Taste of Buffalo | Syracusefan.com

Taste of Buffalo

Mstumpy50

Scout Team
Talked about it briefly with CTO in the chat room a couple weeks back.

WINGS
I highly recommend trying Duff's for wings if you are from out of town. The original is on corner of Sheridan/Millersport by UB North Campus. There is one in Orchard Park now and one at the Eastern Hills Mall. I will be hitting up the E Hills Mall location Thursday AM on my trip from Rochester. More than likely Saturday too!

Bar Bill in East Aurora another good wing spot. Not a fan of Anchor Bar but it's where the wing originated so you may want to take a look.

Steakhouse
I am from Rochester so I will always recommend Black and Blue but Buffalo Chophouse was good when I was there. I hear E.B. Green's Steakhouse and Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse are both great as well.

Hot Dogs
Teds but I don't like hot dogs. Fries are good though and the burgers are eh

Italian
Chef's is historic place where tons of famous photos of diners are on the wall. Salvatores Italian Garden is ok. Prefer the Italian places in Rochester but Chefs is always a fun place to tour even if it is just for a couple of pops.

As you can see I am more of a meat and potatoes type of person with wings on the side. I am sure people can add to this thread for other spots. Thought I would kick it off however. Anyone know if teams are practicing at Alumni Arena (UB)? My last year there Temple was practicing on campus. Chaney was F bombing every other sentence when I went and watched. Was pretty cool to see them practice. I was one of maybe 10 people in the stands. Anyways looking forward to Thursday. We have known that Cuse was locked in for a few weeks now. Can't believe I just saw a fan sold their tix. Leggo Orange!!!!

If you want to support a place with Orange ties, go to Brodo in Amherst (http://www.brodo.net/). Family of a former Cuse hockey player owns it. Smaller place, but very good food.

Wings: not a fan of Duff's, personally. If you're going to be in Amherst, try Elmo's instead. Downtown, you can't beat Gabriel's Gate or Colter Bay Grill.

Burger: Grover's in Amherst.

Sit down fare: In downtown, Buffalo Chophouse, Mother's, Mike A (at the Hotel Lafayette). The Pan American Brewery at the Hotel Lafayette is a bit more casual, but also has good food.

Blue Monk is a great gastropub downtown.

Any questions about food, drink, lodging, etc., feel free to PM me.

GABRIEL'S GATE for wings!!!!

Hot Dogs: Teds

Sushi: Fujii I suppose.

I think EVERYONE needs to understand that Bars in Buffalo are open till 4am! YES serving till 4am!!!! It's SWEET!!! Chippewa street is where it's at! Mighty taco opens at 3:30 am.

LOVE Ted's! Used to go there all the time when my grandma lived in Orchard Park and have started going there regularly again now that my gf lives in Buffalo. I'll be out there this weekend. Hoping SU takes care of business on Thursday and I may be looking to grab a couple tix on the secondary market for Saturday. If I can't track down any tix, I'll probably post up at Pearl Street for the game.

Here are my top wing joints in buffalo. Both of my sisters live in Buffalo and I'm there often.

1- Brennans on transit in Amherst

2- Duffs any location

3- Bob and John's La Hacienda Hertel ave Buffalo

4- Anchor bar (well worth the atmosphere and live jazz if they still have it?) downtown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom